Theme Explorer

Page 3 of 46 814 Records Found

Benton Memorial Clock, Market Place, Cannock

The memorial clock on the roundabout was donated to the town by Henry Benton a local butcher. The Market Hall, demolished in 1975, is to the right. This area is now a pedestrian zone.

Bethesda Chapel, Hanley

Bethesda Chapel on Albion Street, Hanley prior to restoration. Built in 1819, Bethesda Chapel is an important part of the heritage of the Potteries. It is an outstanding monument to the Methodist ...

Biddle's Stores, Brook Square, Rugeley

A view taken in Brook Square looking towards Lower Brook Street in Rugeley. On the left is Biddle’s Stores which started business in 1850. The decorations by the upper floor windows suggest that at ...

Birch Lane, Brereton nr Rugeley

A quiet scene on Birch Lane, Brereton looking north. The car on the left is possibly a Ford Anglia with a Rover in the background.

Birch Lane, Brereton, Rugeley

Birch Lane is in Brereton which at this time was more distinctly separated from Rugeley. Earlier council houses are on the left (built between the Wars) with newer ones on the right dating from the 1950s....

Birches Head Road, Abbey Hulton

The view east along Birches Head Road from Leek Road in Abbey Hulton. The housing to the top right of the photograph is in Sneyd Green. The land to the left of the junction is now housing and Carmountside ...

Bird’s nest in a letter box, Uttoxeter

A postcard view of a blue tit's nest with several eggs in a letter box by the Union Workhouse in Uttoxeter. The caption reads "Tom tit's nest in letter box. Uttoxeter Union House. Slit 3/4 in. wide." ...

Bird's Eye View of Eastgate Street, Stafford,

This photograph was taken from the top of the 7 storey building on Tipping Street owned by Staffordshire County Council. The building was in use by the Local Taxation & Licences Department and was later ...

Bird's Eye View of Victoria Park,

The land between Izaak Walton Walk and the railway station was marshy and liable to flooding. In 1903 the Corporation bought the land and raised its level by three feet. The area was laid out as Victoria ...

Blyth Pottery, Longton

This is the rear of Blyth Pottery on Sandgate Street (previously Gate Street) in Longton. The front of the works, operated by John Tams & Sons Ltd., was on Uttoxeter Road. These works produced earthenware. ...

Bore Street, Lichfield

The title on this postcard ‘Old houses in Blore Street, Lichfield’ is incorrect. This view was taken in Bore Street, Lichfield. Second from the right is Lichfield House which was built in 1510 and is ...

Bore Street, Lichfield

The title on this postcard ‘Old houses in Bare Street, Lichfield’ is incorrect. This view is in Bore Street, Lichfield. Second from the left is the Guildhall which was rebuilt in the 19th century, ...

Borough Hall on Polling Day, Stafford,

The Borough Hall on Eastgate Street was designed by Henry Ward, the Borough architect. It opened on 20 June 1877. Borough Council offices, the library and the Wragg Museum occupied the ground floor. ...

Borough Hall, Stafford

The Borough Hall was designed in 1876 by local architect Henry Ward who also designed Stafford Grammar School. We are unable to identify the publisher of this card which was printed in Germany. The design ...

Borough Hall, Stafford

This postcard view shows the Borough Hall on Eastgate Street which was designed by Henry Ward, the Borough architect. It opened on 20 June 1877. Stafford Borough Council offices, the Library and the ...

Borough Hall, Stafford,

The Borough Hall on Eastgate Street was designed by Henry Ward, the Borough architect. It opened on 20 June 1877. Borough Council offices, the library and the Wragg Museum occupied the ground floor. ...

Bostock's Factory Fire, Stafford,

Edwin Bostock's shoe factory was originally in Foregate Street, Stafford, but was destroyed by fire in 1901. This resulted in a new factory being built on Sandon Road, which opened in 1903. Bostock's ...

Bourne Cottage, Clough Hall, Kidsgrove

Clough Hall was built by Jon Gilbert in around 1800 and was demolished in about 1927. Between 1817 and 1874 Clough Hall was the home of the Kinnersly family, bankers and iron merchants in Newcastle-under-Lyme. ...