Theme Explorer

Page 3 of 10 167 Records Found

Drawing Office, Siemen's Brothers Engineering Works, Stafford,

Around the turn of the 20th Century, following their move from Woolwich to Stafford, the newly recruited labour force of Siemens Brothers began to produce electrical rotating plant, transformers and switchgear ...

Eley's Brewery, The Green, Stafford

The buildings on the left (with pediments) are the office of Eley's Brewery. The brewery was founded by John Bishop in 1860. It was enlarged in 1875 and 1879, at which point he retired and sold it to ...

English Electric Co., Stafford

Pictured are employees outside the Main Offices. These offices were built for Siemens Brothers and were ready for use by 1903. Amongst the employees in this image are several people who transferred ...

English Electric Co., Stafford

Pictured is the Telephone Exchange on the Lichfield Road site (known as Main Works), Stafford. This was located on the second floor of the English Electric Co. Main Offices. On the left of the picture, ...

English Electric Co., Stafford

Pictured is an English Electric Co. KDF9 Computer. This was located on the ground floor of the English Electric Co. Transformer Office Block on the Lichfield Road Site in Stafford. At a later date as ...

English Electric Co., Stafford

In the background of this Staffordshire Newsletter picture is English Electric’s Main Office building near to the Lichfield Road (A34) in Stafford. The English Electric Co. was renowned for its electrical ...

English Electric Co., Stafford

Pictured is an English Electric Co. KDF9 computer. This was located on the ground floor of the English Electric Co. Transformer Office Block on the Lichfield Road Site in Stafford. At a later date as ...

English Electric Co., Stafford

Pictured outside a building known as the English Electric ‘Main Offices’ are two Pickford vehicles, one at the front and the other at the rear of a transporter which is loaded with a large stator (under ...

English Electric Co., Stafford

This office building was known as The English Electric Co. ‘Main Offices’ on the Lichfield Road site in Stafford. The large flags on the roof were usually flown for special celebrations and for important ...

English Electric Co., Stafford

Pictured above are employees outside the rear of the Main Offices off Lichfield Road, Stafford. This building was extended (on the right of the picture) around 1947 and again in the late 1950s.

English Electric Co., Stafford

These four gentleman are pictured standing on the steps outside the entrance of a building which was known as the ‘Main Offices’ of the English Electric Co., at the Lichfield Road site in Stafford. This ...

English Electric Co., Stafford Works Ambulance

Pictured is the English Electric Co. Daimler ambulance at the Lichfield Road site in Stafford. This was superseded by a Bedford Dormobile ambulance which was in turn replaced around 1977 by another Bedford ...

English Electric Co., War Memorial, at GE Stafford

This photograph shows the English Electric Co., War Memorial on its new site with the GE (General Electric) Transformer offices and factory in the background. This picture is reproduced by kind permission ...

Express and Star Offices, Bridge Street, Stafford

This view of the former Express and Star Newspaper offices on Bridge Street in Stafford was taken by the Green Bridge. At the time of this photograph the Express and Star had moved its offices to nearby ...

Express and Star Offices, Bridge Street, Stafford

This view of the former Express and Star Newspaper offices being demolished was taken on the Green Bridge.

Exterior of Ind Coope offices, Station Street, Burton-on-Trent

Alfred Barnard described these brewery offices in his book, 'Noted Breweries of Great Britain and Ireland', published in 1889. He noted that the buildings contained the directors' private offices, a board ...

Flats Conversion of Britannia House, Eastgate Street, Stafford

View looking north-west along Eastgate Street, showing the Britannia House office block building undergoing conversion to residential flats. It had been disused for some time previously to this. Britannia ...

Ford's Pottery, Newcastle Street, Burslem

Looking southwest along the upper end of Newcastle Street, just outside Burslem. The buildings on the right were part of Ford's Pottery, which extended up from Blake Street. Ford's were an earthenware, ...