Theme Explorer

Start Again > Buildings, Architecture, Monuments > Monuments, Statues & Follies
Page 3 of 33 582 Records Found

Band of Hope demonstration, Derby Street, Leek

Ball Haye Green Band of Hope march along Derby Street, watched by onlookers.

Barlaston Hall and Grounds,

Barlaston Hall stands on a hill, overlooking the Trent Valley. It was built in 1756 for Thomas Mills, an attorney from Leek. The design is attributed to Sir Robert Taylor. In 1774 Barlaston Hall ...

Barlaston War Memorial

War memorial on the green at Barlaston commemorating the fallen of two world wars.The building in the background formerly served as Barlaston Library.

Barton under Needwood Church - plate of inscriptions: engraving

Showing a plate of inscriptions concerning the founder of the church, John Taylor. Also shows his coat of arms.'Stringer, del.,' [drawn by C.E or E. Stringer].

Benton Memorial Clock, Market Place, Cannock

This Memorial Clock was donated to the town of Cannock by Henry Benton, a local butcher.

Benton Memorial Clock, Market Place, Cannock

The memorial clock on the roundabout was donated to the town by Henry Benton a local butcher. The Market Hall, demolished in 1975, is to the right. This area is now a pedestrian zone.

Betley - Memorial Stone: pen and ink drawing

'Betley Church Yard.' Showing a stone, inscribed to the memory of Mary Malpas, the beloved daughter of John and Anne Malpas, who was murdered when 15 years old. With a poem of memorial.'T.P.W.,' [Thomas ...

Biddulph - Mow Cop: pen drawing

'The Staffordshire Side of Mow Cop.' Showing the remains of a building with a tower, on top of a steep, rocky cliff.'T. P. Wood.'

Biddulph - Warders' Lodge at Knypersley Park : engraving

'The Warders' Lodge in the old park at Knypersley.' Showing a castellated tower and outworks.'Done on stone by James Bateman, 1829,' [pencil note.]

Biddulph, Shepherds Cross. Photographed by William Blake.

Stonework landmark known as Shepherd's Cross, Biddulph, Nr. Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.

Biddulph, Shepherds Cross. Photographed by William Blake.

Stonework landmark known as Shepherd's Cross, Biddulph, Nr. Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.

Bishop Ryder Memorial, Sandon

The monument to Bishop Ryder (died 1836) which stood in the garden of the Vicarage, Sandon. Sandon Church can be seen in the background. It appears to have been constructed from pinnacles salvaged ...

Bishop Ryder's Statue, Lichfield Cathedral

This postcard shows the kneeling statue set up as a monument to Bishop Ryder in Lichfield Cathedral. It stands in the north choir aisle Rev. Henry Dudley Ryder (1777-1836), Bishop of Lichfield and ...

Blithfield - Memorial on site of Ancient Bagots Hall: sepia drawing

Memorial raised on the site of the Ancient Bagots Hall by the Rt. Honble. William Lord Bagot, Blithfield, A.D. 1811. Anonymous.

Blithfield Church - monumental effigy: tinted drawing

Monumental effigy on the exterior of the south wall of the chancel, showing a priest. An effigy for Alfred the priest, son of William and Joanne of Blithfield.With inscription.'J. B.,' [John Buckler.]...

Blithfield Hall and Orangery

A view of the north front of Blithfield Hall (to the right), with the Orangery to the left. The late 18th century Orangery was designed by James 'Athenian' Stuart. Blithfield Hall, the home of the ...

Blurton War Memorial. Photographed by William Blake.

View of the war memorial outside St. Bartholomew's Church, Church Road, Blurton, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.

Blythe Bridge girl guides at the war memorial, Forsbrook

Photograph donated by the Blythe Bridge and Forsbrook Local Historical Society, who retain copyright ownership.