Theme Explorer

Page 3 of 12 208 Records Found

Dilhorne Hall Lodge

Dilhorne Hall was rebuilt in about 1830 by the Bullers family. It succeeded a 17th century house had been the home of Copwood Hollins (who died in 1705) and, in the later 18th century, John Holliday. ...

Dilhorne Hall Lodge House

At the time the photograph was taken, the Lodge's arch was used to access the village's Recreation and Community Centre. It has since been converted to a private house with an alternative access being ...

East Lodge House, Little Onn Hall, Church Eaton,

Photograph of the east lodge house, Little Onn Hall, from a sale catalogue. Little Onn Hall is located about 1 1/2 miles south west of Church Eaton. The hall was built c.1870 - 1875, but has been ...

Eccleshall views

A postcard with five views of Eccleshall: Johnson Lodge, two views of the Castle, Stafford Street and High Street.

Entrance lodge, Heath House, Upper Tean

The south west entrance lodge for Heath House, built in a Tudor style around 1836. Heath House was built for John Burton Philips in 1836 and was designed by Thomas Johnson of Lichfield. It is a large ...

Entrance to Dudley Castle, West Midlands

The entrance to Dudley Castle with the top of the Keep showing above the trees. In the foreground is Castle Street with tram lines. The first Dudley Castle was built around 1100 but was completely ...

Floodgate Cottage, Tittensor

Floodgate Cottage stood near the southern end of Trentham Lake, between the lake and the River Trent. It no longer stands.

Floodgate Cottage, Trentham. Photographed by William Blake.

View of Floodgate Cottage, Trentham, Nr. Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.

Floodgate Cottage, Trentham. Photographed by William Blake.

View of Floodgate Cottage, Trentham, Nr. Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.

Gatehouse and moat, Dunstall Hall, Wolverhampton

Gatehouse and bridge over moat at Dunstall Hall, Woverhampton. In 1925 the 16th century gatehouse was demolished and the moat filled in to make way for the expansion of Courtauld's rayon factory. The ...

Gate-house, Aqualate Hall,

The original Aqualate Hall was built for Edwin Skrymsher in the early seventeenth century. Sir John Boughey bought the house in the late eighteenth century and commissioned John Nash to rebuild it in ...

Gate-house, Stafford Gaol,

The gate-house stood on Gaol Road and contained the reception ward and a room for the warders. The roof of the gate-house was used as the place of execution until 1817, when new gallows were built on ...

Gate-house, Stafford Gaol,

The gate-house stood on Gaol Road and contained the reception ward and a room for the warders. The roof of the gate-house was used as the place of execution until 1817, when new gallows were built on ...

Gates at Wootton Hall, near Ellastone

Wootton Hall, Ellastone, Wootton. Decorated wrought iron gates at the entrance to the Wootton Hall estate. Wootton Hall, near Ellastone, was a large stone house which was extensively rebuilt in about ...

Giffard's Cross Lodge, Chillingham Hall

The Lodge stands next to the eastern end of the one mile long Upper Avenue leading to Chillington Hall Reproduced by permission of English Heritage and the National Monuments Record.

Goat Lodge, Bagots Park, near Abbots Bromley

The architect of this eccentric building was Thomas Trubshaw of Little Haywood. It was built in 1839 as an entrance lodge to Bagot's Park. It is decorated with goats' heads: the goat is the emblem of ...

Gravel Pit Lodge, Trentham Park,

Hamstall Ridware Hall - Porters' Lodges: water colour painting

West north west view from the road, showing the brick, octagonal and dome-roofed porters' lodges flanking the arched entrance to Hamstall Ridware Hall. [Water colour on grey paper.]Anonymous, [A. E. Everitt.]...