Theme Explorer

Page 3 of 17 292 Records Found

Cliffe Park Youth Hostel, Rudyard

Cliffe Park Hall was built in a Gothic style in 1811 for John Haworth at an estimated cost of £25,000. It was sold by descendents of the Howarth family to the North Staffordshire Railway in 1904. Between ...

Coach House, Rear of the Bear Inn, Stafford,

Coach house (centre) in the rear yard of the Bear Inn on Greengate Street. The Bear Inn was built in the seventeenth century Bear Inn on the site of the Old Black Bear Inn; it is possible some of the ...

Codsall Square, Codsall

General view of Codsall Square, looking towards the Crown Hotel.

Codsall Square, Codsall

A general view of Codsall Square. the Crown Hotel can be seen to the right.

Cross Keys, High Street, Uttoxeter

The Cross Keys, dates from 1697, and was one of only a handful of brick built buildings contructed in the area around this period. Like the White Hart, Red Lion and Old Star, the Cross Keys was also ...

Crown Hotel, Longton

The Crown Hotel (previously the Crown and Anchor Hotel) is at the bottom of King Street alongside Longton railway bridge. This was originally the site of the White Horse public house, going back to the ...

Crown Hotel, Stone,

The Crown Hotel on High Street was damaged by fire in 1778. The new building was designed by Henry Holland in 1780. The inn was a stop for stage coaches from London, Manchester and Birmingham; there ...

Dining Room, Swan Hotel, Stafford,

The Dining Room of the Swan Hotel on Greengate Street. Situated in Greengate, the Swan Hotel was originally built as two private town houses in the seventeenth century, joined by a central archway. ...

Eastgate Street, Stafford

In this view there are three public houses within one hundred yards of each other. The timber framed Fox and George, standing here empty and awaiting demolition, was later replaced by Price and Webb's ...

Eastgate Street, Stafford,

The building under construction is the Borough Hall, completed in 1877. Here work is being carried out on the collapsed gable end. The Castle Inn was demolished in the 1960s to make way for the Telephone ...

Eaton Lodge, Rugeley

Eaton Lodge was built in about 1830 by Captain George Hamilton, but was the home of the Sneyd family by 1854. By the 1950s it had become Eaton Lodge Hotel and Country Club. It was demolished in 2007 ...

Eaton Lodge, Rugeley

Eaton Lodge was built in about 1830 by Captain George Hamilton, but was the home of the Sneyd family by 1854. By the 1950s it had become Eaton Lodge Hotel and Country Club. It was demolished in 2007 ...

Edensor Hotel, Edensor Road, Longton

This small hotel stands on the corner of Edensor Road and Willow Row, just outside Longton. The proprietor stands with her family for the portrait outside what must have been Longton’s smallest ...

Edge View Hotel, Kinver

A view of Kinver taken from below Holy Austin Rock. In the centre of the photograph is the Edge View Hotel at Kinver. Photographer: Albert Henry Yelland.

Edge View Hotel, Kinver

The Edge View Hotel was built in about 1900, to help cater for the many people who came to visit Kinver on the Light Railway. The hotel contained the Cafe Royale tea rooms, which had seating for over ...

Etruria Hall

The front elevation of Etruria Hall. The central part of the building was built between 1768 and 1771 for Josiah Wedgwood and his family. From his office Wedgwood could look over towards the Trent & Mersey ...

Etruria Hall

The view northwards from the Trent & Mersey Canal with Etruria Hall in the centre and Shelton Steel works to the left. Behind the hall are the spoil heaps of Shelton and Racecourse Collieries. This photograph ...

Fallen trees at Tillington Hall Hotel,

Trees felled by a lightning strike on the drive to Tilligton Hall Hotel.