Theme Explorer

Page 3 of 14 244 Records Found

Custom House, Liverpool. Photographed by William Blake.

Lantern slide showing the custom house at Liverpool docks with a steamship and a docked sailing vessel.

Cycle road race in Stafford,

Cyclists passing the Borough Hall in Eastgate Street during a professional road race in Stafford town centre.

Decorations for Diamond Jubilee Celebrations, Eccleshall,

Decorations in the High Street to celebrate Queen Victoria's Diamond Jubilee. The timber framed building on the right is the Market Hall (built in 1884) which replaced the Old Market Hall and was constructed ...

Demolition of the Municipal Hall, Ironmarket, Newcastle-under-Lyme

The Hall was demolished in 1967 and the present Newcastle Library now occupies the site. The Dance Hall is pictured here during the demolition.

Devadason Family Wedding, Stafford Registry Office,

Wedding group on the steps of Stafford Registry Office on Eastgate Street.

Donegal House decorated, Bore Street, Lichfield

Donegal House can be seen here in the centre with the Guildhall on the left, and Lichfield House (The Tudor) on the right. Donegal House was built by the Earl of Donegal in 1730.

Eastgate Street, Stafford,

The building under construction is the Borough Hall, completed in 1877. Here work is being carried out on the collapsed gable end. The Castle Inn was demolished in the 1960s to make way for the Telephone ...

Fenton Parish Church

Fenton Parish Church (Christchurch) is in Albert Square. To the left of the photograph is Fenton Town Hall, latterly used as a Magistrate's Court and to the right, the War Memorial. Christchurch was ...

Fenton Town Hall, Albert Square, Fenton

Fenton Town Hall consists of three blocks; one large, central, rectangular block and two smaller end blocks. There is a datestone in the centre section which reads: 'Laid by W. M. Baker, 5th July 1888'. ...

Fire Station and Council Offices, Cannock

Looking down Church Street from the present Queen's Square traffic roundabout area, with St Luke's Church being out of shot on the left. The Old Fire station is the first building on the right with the ...

Fleming Street, Stoke-on-Trent

At the bottom of Fleming Street, formerly South Wolfe Street, are the "new additions" to the Minton Works which front on to London Road. To the right is a "Labour Exchange" building, the original Job ...

George V's Coronation Celebrations, Stafford

Photograph taken on Market Square. The building is the Shire Hall. The letters on the building read 'Our Noble King'.

Green Hall, Stafford,

Front view of Green Hall, Lichfield Road. Built in the 1820s for Charles Webb, a solicitor, the house was originally named Forebridge Hall. Today the building houses the County Architect's Department....

Green Hall, Stafford,

Green Hall, Lichfield Road, built in the 1820s by Charles Webb, a solicitor. Originally named Forebridge Hall, the building now houses the County Architect's Department.

Greyfriars House, Greyfriars, Stafford

Pictured is Greyfriars House at Greyfriars in Stafford. For many years this was the Unemployment Benefit Office which later formed part of the Jobcentreplus building. This photograph was taken by Stafford ...

Group of Volunteer Nurses, Stafford,

Group photograph of First World War volunteer nurses. They are pictured on the steps of the Borough Hall, Eastgate Street.

Guildhall and Market Stalls, Newcastle-under-Lyme

Oil on canvas painted in 1975 by Donald H. Rose depicting the Guildhall in Newcastle-under-Lyme. A row of market stalls and shoppers can be seen stretching from the Guildhall into the foreground of the ...

Guildhall decorated for the Coronation of King Edward VII, Bore Street, Lichfield

The Guildhall was built in the 19th century, but has medieval dungeons underneath it. Here the front of the Guildhall is seen before the medallion portraits of King George V and Queen Mary were added ...