Theme Explorer

Start Again > Buildings, Architecture, Monuments > Community, Meeting Centres & Village Halls
Page 3 of 9 157 Records Found

Dilhorne Hall Lodge House

At the time the photograph was taken, the Lodge's arch was used to access the village's Recreation and Community Centre. It has since been converted to a private house with an alternative access being ...

Ebenezer School, Merrial Street, Newcastle-under-Lyme

View of Ebenezer School and Community Meeting Hall.

Electricity Exhibition, Assembly rooms, Tamworth

The machine being demonstrated here is the Braiding Machine, presumably then in use at the Hamel Mill. Fourth from the left is Mr W. Wright, Mill Manager of Hamel's Mill, with Miss Dorothy May Wright ...

Engraving of St. Mary's Church and Market Square, Lichfield

The present church of St. Mary's dates from the late 19th century, having replaced an earlier, medieval, church. During the Easter Sunday Service in 1716, part of the church spire fell down, and this ...

Ex. Progressive Working Mens Club, Market Street, Hednesford

View of the club, prior to the building's conversion into shops.

Fancy dress party, Assembly Rooms, Tamworth

Children's Fancy Dress party at the Assembly Rooms, with the Mayor, and Mayoress. From left to right they are Mr Weale (who was also a local photographer), Mrs Weale, Miss Audrey Barker , Miss Weale, ...

Freemason's Hall, Waterloo Road, Burslem

Ther Freemason's Hall building stands on the west side of Waterloo Road, just south of Cleveland Street. The building next door to the right was the Palladium Cinema, originally the Burslem Cinema Theatre, ...

Friars' Walk Grammar School, Burton-on-Trent

View of the Old Grammar School building and Memorial Gardens on Friars Walk. The former school is now used as a meeting hall by societies.

Fulford Village Hall

The Village Hall was built and opened in 1973.

Gayton Women's Institute meeting

A meeting of Gayton WI, all inspecting new handbags. This photograph was taken by Uttoxeter photographer Gerald McCann in the old Gayton Village Hall. This building had originally been a barrack hut ...

Girl Guides' camp, Alton

Golf Course, Stafford Common,

The golf course on Stafford Common was formed in 1890. The houses seen in the background remain today and are numbers 51 and 52 Common Road. Marston Villa, on the left, was the club house. The gate ...

Golf House, Milford,

Cannock Chase Golf Club was formed in 1894; the club house was built four years later. In 1922 a spark from the chimney set the thatched roof alight and the building was destroyed. It was not rebuilt, ...

Great Haywood Memorial Hall

The Memorial Hall was built in 1922, on land donated by Lord Lichfield, as a memorial to men from the village who fell in World War 1. The Hall is decorated to celebrate the Silver Jubilee of King George ...

Great Haywood Memorial Hall by night

Great Haywood Memorial Hall decorated for the 1935 Silver Jubilee of King George V and Queen Mary. The hall was built in 1922, on land donated by Lord Lichfield, as a memorial to men from the village ...

Great Haywood War Memorial Hall

Community hall erected in Great Haywood to commemorate the local men who served and fell in World War 1. The dates of the conflict - given as 1914-1919 (the date of the final peace treaty) - are inscribed ...

Guildhall, High Street, Newcastle-under-Lyme

A view of the rear of the Guildhall, looking down the High Street. The Guildhall was built in 1713 and has undergone a number of changes. Originally the ground floor was open and was used for markets, ...

Hanford Institute and Library, Wilson Road, Hanford

Hanford Institute and Library was on the south side of Wilson Road nearly opposite the junction with Niall Road. The library was built in 1955. To the left, the off licence, is now a private house and ...