Theme Explorer

More than 2000 results were returned, we've just shown the first 2000. Use the sub themes, where available, to refine your results.
Page 3 of 112 2000 Records Found

Alderman John Marson, Stafford,

Alderman John Marson was Mayor of Stafford in 1848. John Marson also established Marson's grocery shop in the Ancient High House on Greengate Street in 1826. His son, William Albert, eventually ...

Alexandra Hotel, Stafford,

The Alexandra Hotel was originally built in the late eighteenth century as a town house and business premises for Thomas Lovett, a wine merchant. It was situated on the corner of Greengate Street and ...

Alfred Lees Gents' Outfitters, Eccleshall,

Alfred Lees' gents outfitters was on the corner of Castle Street and Stone Road (formerly Chebsey Lane). The building is now the restaurant of the George Hotel.

All Saints Church and graveyard, Dilhorne

Assorted styles of 18th and 19th century memorials can be seen in the graveyard surrounding the church. The Church of All Saints has one of the few octagonal towers in the country. The lower part of ...

All Saints' Church and Vicarage, Milwich,

The first record of a church on this site is dated c.1140. The tower of the present building dates from the late fifteenth century, although the remainder of the church was rebuilt in the 1790s after ...

All Saints' Church Interior, Chebsey,

All Saints dates from the Norman period. The tower features an outside stair turret. The churchyard contains an Anglo-Saxon cross shaft. Inside the church can be found late Victorian stained glass ...

All Saints' Church interior, Dilhorne

The interior of the chancel. Pevsner stated "the chancel is late-medieval but over-restored (by Christian)' and described the oak altar rail as 'Jacobean'. The church contains a list of vicars ...

All Saints' Church Interior, Milwich,

The first record of a church on this site is dated c.1140. The tower of the present building dates from the late fifteenth century, although the remainder of the church was rebuilt in the 1790s after ...

All Saints' Church Interior, Ranton,

All Saint's Church dates from the thirteenth century. The building was renovated in 1753, when the chancel was built. The east window was probably put in at this time. The bell turret was removed ...

All Saints' Church Tower, Chebsey,

All Saints dates from the Norman period. The tower features an outside stair turret. The churchyard contains an Anglo-Saxon cross shaft. Inside the church can be found late Victorian stained glass ...

All Saints' Church tower, Dilhorne

All Saints Church is a Grade II Listed Building, the oldest parts being of 13th century origin. The octagonal church tower is a rare feature in England.

All Saints' Church, Alrewas

The Grade 1 Listed All Saints' Church stands in Mill End Lane. It was built in the 13th century, replacing an earlier church. It has 14th, 18th & 19th century additions. In the chancel, fragments ...

All Saints' Church, Chebsey,

All Saints dates from the Norman period. The tower features an outside stair turret. The churchyard contains an Anglo-Saxon cross shaft. Inside the church can be found late Victorian stained glass ...

All Saints' Church, Dilhorne

Stained-glass memorial window dated 1911. The Church of All Saints has one of the few octagonal towers in the country. The lower part of the tower is early 13th century and Perpendicular above. the ...

All Saints' Church, Dilhorne

Church font and stained glass window. The Church of All Saints has one of the few octagonal towers in the country. The lower part of the tower is early 13th century and Perpendicular above. the rest ...

All Saints' Church, Dilhorne

All Saints Church is a Grade II Listed Building, the oldest parts being of 13th century origin. The stepped, octagonal church tower is a rare feature in England. There is the Grade II listed chest ...

All Saints' Church, Dilhorne

All Saints Church is a Grade II Listed Building, the oldest parts being of 13th century origin. The octagonal church tower is a rare feature.

All Saints' Church, Dilhorne

All Saints Church is a Grade II Listed Building, the oldest parts being of 13th century origin. The octagonal church tower is a rare feature.