Theme Explorer

Page 3 of 11 186 Records Found

Cotton - Hall: lithograph

South east view of the Hall near Alton, showing a late Georgian building of three storeys on the left, and then a bay and two storeys on the right. The roof retains an even level. There are trees behind ...

Cotton College War Memorial and St. Wilfrid’s R.C. Church, Cotton

In the foreground is Cotton College War Memorial which was erected to commemorate 40 former pupils who lost their lives in the First World War. It was designed by an old Cottonian, Elphege Pippet and ...

Cotton College, Cotton

An Aerofilms postcard view of Cotton College, also known as St. Wilfrid's College. Cotton Hall was built in the 18th century by the Gilbert family. In 1844 it was sold to the Earl of Shrewsbury and ...

Cresswell - Draycott-in-the-Moors Catholic Chapel: sepia drawing

'The Catholic Chapel at Draycott, Staffordshire.' North east view showing the chapel which was built in 1816, in the Gothic Revival period. Showing five bays, the churchyard cross and small bell-tower ...

Cross Street, Cheadle

View of St. Giles Roman Catholic church from the south east end of Cross Street, close to the Market Cross.

Dedication of the Church at Perton

The dedication of the Church at Perton on Saturday 2 October 1982. On the right is Deaconness Sheila Finn, Minister for Perton. Unveiling the plaque if Rt. Rev. Kenneth Skelton, Lord Bishop of Lichfield. Soon ...

Dedication of the site of the Church at Perton

The dedication of the site of the new Ecumenical Church Centre (the Church at Perton) by Deaconess Sheila Finn, Minister for Perton, who is standing in the foreground. Soon after construction of housing ...

Dippons Lane, Perton

Miss Jackson and her dog Bullet walking along Dippons Lane in Perton. Much of Dippons Lane has disappeared under housing including that around Gainsborough Drive. Perton Airfield was constructed in ...

Drake Hall Chapel, Drake Hall, near Eccleshall

Page 10 of 'Drake Hall - A War-Time Hostel', a souvenir book produced for staff and residents at the Swynnerton Royal Ordinance Factory hostel at Drake Hall, produced in 1945. This page describes the ...

First Christian Service at Perton

The first Christian service held at Perton, Christmas Eve 1976 at the home of Mr and Mrs Holden, Biggin Close, Perton. Soon after construction of housing on the former Perton Airfield site started ...

Fulford Village

The tower of St. Nicholas's Church can be seen in the background. A postcard view, possibly photographed by William Blake of Longton.

Funeral parade with RAF Stafford

RAF Stafford service personnel are pictured during a Funeral Parade leaving St. Patrick's Church on Sandon Road in Stafford. The rough ground to the right may be connected with the building of the new ...

Gaydon Close, Perton

Church houses at numbers 5 and 7 Gaydon Close, Perton, first occupied on 1 August 1978. Perton Airfield was constructed in 1940 as a Royal Air Force Relief Landing Ground. Later during the Second World ...

George V's Silver Jubilee Procession, Stone

'Roses of England' in the 1935 Jubilee procession en route to the Common Plot from Trent Field. Here they are seen walking along Statio Road, past St Mary's Home and St Dominic's Roman Catholic Church....

Gospel Hall, Stoke upon Trent

The Gospel Hall at the junction of City Road and Whieldon Road was built in 1896 as a Catholic Apostolic Church. The brick and stone building had become the Gospel Hall by 1958. The hall was demolished ...

Gulson House, Hawkesyard School, Rugeley

A postcard view of Gulson House which is thought to have been named after Helen Gulson, one of the benefactors of the Hawkesyard Estate. Miss Gulson had been given a life interest in the nearby mansion ...

Hall Street, Burslem

View south along Hall Street from Westport Road towards St Paul's churchyard at the bottom of the hill. The tower on the left belongs to the Roman Catholic Church of St. Joseph, a Grade II listed building. ...

Hawkesyard College, Armitage

This view of Hawkesyard College, showing the pool and parterre garden in the foreground with steps leading to the old hall, which was largely unchanged from Josiah Spode IV's lifetime prior to it being ...