Theme Explorer

Start Again > Religion & Beliefs > Religious Organisations & Groups
Page 3 of 4 64 Records Found

Salvation Army Citadel, Tunstall

The Salvation Army Citadel stood on the corner of Ladywell Road (formerly Sneyd Street) and Harewood Street. The building was originally Tunstall's first theatre (The Prince of Wales), opened in 1865. ...

Salvation Army, Tamworth Castle

Salvation Army band outside Tamworth Castle, standing by the Herring Bone Wall.

Scrubbing the floor, Rowley Street Methodist Schoolroom, Stafford

On the left is 15 year-old Muriel Dodd, one of the members of the 15th Stafford Girl Guides who volunteered to clean Rowley Street Methodist Schoolroom following its redecoration. Please contact us if ...

Seighford Church group

On the front row third from left is Mrs Wright and fourth from left is the Reverend Cedric Wright. St. Chad's dates from the Norman period, although the west tower was rebuilt in local brick in the ...

Shabti Egyptian Figures, c.2000-330 BC

A Shabti is a small figurine, usually in the shape of a mummified person that would have been placed in tombs for the dead to re-activate them for servants. Shabti have evolved throughout Ancient ...

Shoemakers' sermon notice, Stafford

Notice for a sermon: 'The Shoemakers of Stafford and its neighbourhood are respectfully informed, that a Sermon on their account, will be preached on the evening of Christmas-Day, at Zion Chapel by ...

St James Church Choir, Longton

The Church Choir of St. James the Less Church, Longton. The choir members were mainly former pupils of St. James School. In the centre is Rector Clift and next to him (3rd from left) is the Headmaster ...

St Luke's Church, Cannock

An interesting post card view of the St Luke's Church, Cannock, showing the churchyard prior to clearing the graves and putting it to lawn in 1949. It had been closed to burials since 1878. The large ...

St Paul's Church Group, Croxton, Eccleshall

Back row (left to right): Fred Hill, George Tapley, Tom Potts, Fred Oldbury. Middle row: George Lockett, Aldridge, V. Shemilt, George Oldbury. Front Row: unknown, Sid Beeston, John Parton, Bill ...

St. Luke's Band bus trip, Cannock

John Thomas Alfred ‘Jack‘ Inskip, is sitting in the front seat of the bus next to the driver. Jack was a coal miner and a talented cornet player. He played in colliery and works bands throughout the Midlands. ...

St. Michael's Billiards team, Stone

Bert Shardlow is seated 2nd from the right. Also in this group are Tom Midwinter (2nd from left, back row) and Bert's brother Fred (standing far right). Bert Shardlow was born in 1910 in Church ...

St. Michael's Football Club, Stone

Bert Shardlow is seated 2nd from the right front row. Also pictured are Tom Midwinter (second from left, back row) who ran the dairy in Church Street, and Wilf Banks (3rd from left, middle row) who was ...

Stafford and District Church Federation, Walton on the Hill

Officials and members are pictured at the first annual meeting of the Stafford and District Federation of the Church of England Men’s Society (C.E.M.S.) at Walton Village Hall on Saturday 10 May. Seated ...

Sunday School Demonstration Day, Hednesford

A large group of people gathered at a Sunday School Demonstration Day in front of the Anglesey Hotel, Hednesford, before the First World War. These annual Methodist gatherings on a Monday in July ...

Sunday School Staff, Longton Central Hall

A building was erected in Longton for Methodist worship in 1783. Wesley first preached there in the following year in the open air, as the meeting-house was too small to hold the congregation. In 1804 ...

Sunday School, Methodist Chapel, Forsbrook

It is believed that this photograph was taken on an anniversary occasion. Back row, left to right: Gary Turner, Chris Ward, Ronald Birks, Jean Nicholson, Jeanette Maddox, Jackie Tonkinson, Mary Taylor, ...

The Bright Hour group, Flash Lane, Trent Vale

Members of the 'Bright Hour' group from the Methodist Chapel at the top of Flash Lane, Trent Vale, are pictured here. Included in the photograph are Sarah Burrows and Mary Myatt.

The Library, Hawkesyard Priory, Armitage, Staffordshire

A white-robed Dominican Friar seated at study in the Library at Hawkesyard. The Library was built 1901-1902 and opened on December 12th 1904 by by Bishop Castelli. Prior to the availability of a separate ...