Theme Explorer

Start Again > Religion & Beliefs > Churchyards & Cemeteries
Page 3 of 19 340 Records Found

Assize Judges, St. Mary’s Church, Stafford

Assize Judges, Mr Justice Pearson and Mr Justice Hallett are seen with a Police guard of honour as they enter St. Mary’s Collegiate Church for the service which traditionally preceded the opening of the ...

Avenue and Cross, Checkley

Looking from Uttoxeter Road along an avenue of trees towards a memorial cross in the churchyard of St. Edward's Church, Checkley. Photographer: Alfred McCann, photographers of High Street, Uttoxeter....

Barlaston Cemetery. Photographed by William Blake.

Barlaston Cemetery's West Side, Barlaston, Nr. Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.

Barlaston Cemetery. Photographed by William Blake.

Barlaston Cemetery's West Side, Barlaston, Nr. Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.

Betley - Memorial Stone: pen and ink drawing

'Betley Church Yard.' Showing a stone, inscribed to the memory of Mary Malpas, the beloved daughter of John and Anne Malpas, who was murdered when 15 years old. With a poem of memorial.'T.P.W.,' [Thomas ...

Blessing at Knightley Church

The Bishop of Lichfield blessing the church as part of its 100th anniversary celebrations. Christ Church was built in 1840 on land given by Lord Lichfield. The architect was Thomas Trubshaw and the ...

Blithfield Church

St Leonard's church dates from the 13th and 14th centuries. The chancel was restored by A.W.N. Pugin in 1851. the south porch is by G.E. Street and was built in 1860.

Blymhill Church

St Mary's church has an Early English south arcade and a Decorated chancel. Most of the church was rebuilt by G.E. Street in 1856-1859 in an Early English style.

Borough War Memorial, Stafford

This Stafford Borough memorial consists of a soldier standing on the top of a pedestal which lists names of soldiers lost in the war. The memorial is engraved with the words: "The Great Task Accomplished, ...

Burslem - St. John's Church: engraving

North west view of the old church across the churchyard. The National School is seen behind. Anonymous. [Drawn and etched by T. P. Mullock.]

Burton-upon-Trent - Gravestone in 'Old' Churchyard: sepia drawing

The remains of a grave-stone in the old churchyard, showing the top part of the stem of a floriated cross. Artist: 'J. B.,' [John Buckler]

Burton-upon-Trent - Stone coffin in Old Churchyard: sepia drawing

Remains of a stone coffin in the old church-yard. Shows the place for the head and shoulders only. Used as a seat under a tree by the river. Artist: 'J. B.,' [John Buckler].

Calvary, Hawkesyard Priory, Armitage

This photograph shows steps leading up from the grotto to the area around the Friars' cemetery. Note the beehive in the foreground. The three crosses of the Calvary are at the top of the steps. Photographer: ...

Cannock Chase War Cemetery (Commonwealth War Cemetery)

This photograph was taken looking east across the Stafford to Hednesford road to the main entrance gates of the cemetery. This cemetery contains the graves of 24 British and 73 New Zealand dead from ...

Cannock Town centre looking South to the A34 and Walsall Road

A mother with her children, one in a pram and other groups of children stand talking or playing in the street. On the left of the picture is the Crown Hotel, which was knocked down in the 1960s. The trees ...

Castle Church, Stafford

Castle Church is dedicated to St. Mary and dates from the Norman period; it was connected to the Collegiate Church of St. Mary in Stafford until 1547. The tower was rebuilt in the fifteenth century; ...

Castle Church, Stafford,

Castle Church is dedicated to St. Mary and dates from the Norman period; it was connected to the Collegiate Church of St. Mary in Stafford until 1547. The tower was rebuilt in the fifteenth century; ...

Castle Church, Stafford,

Castle Church is dedicated to St. Mary and dates from the Norman period; it was connected to the Collegiate Church of St. Mary in Stafford until 1547. The tower was rebuilt in the fifteenth century; ...