Theme Explorer

Page 3 of 7 116 Records Found

Footbridge and Ford, Stone,

Ford and footbridge on Outlanes, by the junction near to Meaford Farm.

Ford Green Wesleyan Chapel, Stoke-on-Trent

The Wesleyan Chapel on Ford Green Road at the corner with Regina Street. The chapel was built in 1867 but has been demolished and the sire cleared. Regina Street was called Victoria Street until the 1950s. ...

Green Man Public House, Milwich,

Mr and Mrs Lever, licensees of the Green Man public house on Main Street. At the time of this photograph the left side of the building was used as a general store.

Group of people, Broughton Hall

A group of people pictured in front of the entrance door of Broughton Hall, near Eccleshall. Broughton Hall was built for Sir Thomas Broughton in the mid-sixteenth century, possibly on the site of ...

Group outside Izaak Walton's Cottage, Shallowford,

Photograph possibly of the opening of the cottage to the public by the Izaak Walton Trust. Izaak Walton was a famous angler and author whose best known work 'The Complete Angler' was published 1653 ...

Harriet Harrod's shop, Stanley Street, Leek

Harriet Harrod's china and glassware shop stood on the corner of Dog Lane and Stanley Street. Until recently it was occupied by Carney's Solicitors but now (2013) stands empty.

Harry Penton and his dog, Cannock

Harry Penton walking with his dog 'Peg' in Cannock town centre in the mid 1950s. Harry would have been around 60 at this time, still working as a coal miner. He retired aged 65 in about 1961. He died ...

High Street, Uttoxeter

A postcard view looking north along the High Street in Uttoxeter, with the Cross Keys public house on the left. This postcard was published by Kingsway Real Photo Series. It was franked on 23 August ...

HMS Fledgling, Mill Meece

WRENS and Red Cross nurses with dog mascots at HMS Fledgling, a Women's Royal Naval Service Training Station at Mill Meece. In April 1943 the Admiralty decided to release more men for wartime service, ...

Horse drawn carriage

A Brougham standing outside a branch of the United Counties Bank. The United Counties Bank existed from 1907 to 1916 when it became part of Barclays Bank. The location of this photograph has been wrongly ...

Housing, Eastgate Street, Stafford, (3)

The building on the right was Theobald's veterinary practice.

Hudson Family Portrait, Eccleshall,

The photographer, Frank Hudson, owned a chemist shop on High Street.

Hudson's Chemists Shop, Eccleshall,

Hudson's shop in High Street, decorated for Queen Victoria's Diamond Jubilee celebrations. The building is still a chemist's shop today. The owner, Frank Hudson, was also a photographer.

Jim Doughty, The Croft, Seighford

Jim Doughty (married to Vera Doughty) is pictured with Pip the cat outside a building known as the Croft (sometimes known as the Craft) which in later years was demolished and replaced with housing on ...

Keele Estate Workers with Colonel Ralph Sneyd

Outdoor and indoor staff at the Keele Estate pictured with Colonel Ralph Sneyd (1863-1949). Keele Hall can be seen in the background. Colonel Sneyd is standing centre wearing a hat. The woman standing ...

Key's Stores, Ashley

The proprietors and staff outside Harry Key's bakers, confectioners store and Post Office, on the corner of Sovereign Lane and Church road, Ashley. The shop had previously belonged to the Wain family....

Ladies Branch of the Stafford Athletic Club,

An entry from the Stafford Directory for 1904 states that the Ladies Branch of the Stafford Athletics Club met in the Assembly Rooms of the Shire Hall on Tuesday evenings for 'instruction in gymnastic ...

Lady reposing in bed, St. Peter's Church Vicarage, Forsbrook

This lady is Mrs Bridgwood, the mother of the Vicar of St. Peter's Church in Forsbrook. She is buried in Forsbrook cemetery. Photograph donated by the Blythe Bridge and Forsbrook Local Historical ...