Theme Explorer

More than 2000 results were returned, we've just shown the first 2000. Use the sub themes, where available, to refine your results.
Start Again > Agriculture & Countryside > Landscape & Aerial Views
Page 3 of 112 2000 Records Found

Aerial view of Cheshire Joint Sanatorium, Loggerheads

The Cheshire Joint Sanatorium stood in 250 acres of woodlands. Opened in 1923 the only treatment available was rest, quiet, good food, sunshine and fresh air. There was no heating in the buildings and ...

Aerial view of Chillington Pool

An photograph taken from a biplane, looking south east across the Chillington estate, near Brewood. Chillington Pool was created in the 1760s as part of landscape changes undertaken by Lancelot 'Capability' ...

Aerial view of Clive Farm, Clive Road, Pattingham.

Clive Farm at the time of this photograph, is situated on the right hand side of Clive Road. The houses on the left hand side are Clive Farm Cottages. Since this date (1960's), a new Clive Farm house ...

Aerial view of Codsall

By 1950 the population was about 2,750. The main change visible on the aerial photograph is the Lane Green estate at Bilbrook, built to house workers at the Boulton Paul aircraft factory, which opened ...

Aerial view of Codsall

From 1963 to 2000 Codsall's population grew to about 11,200. Housing development continued north of the railway on sites such as Baker’s Ltd nurseries (now Bakers Way and Bakers Gardens), once famous ...

Aerial view of Codsall

By 1963 the population of Codsall had grown to around 6,800 and the major change in the landscape is obvious. Post-Second World War housing schemes have replaced the Victorian villas and surrounding fields, ...

Aerial view of Codsall Secondary School

Looking south with Billbrook Road in the foreground and Elliots Lane on the right hand edge.

Aerial View of Darlaston Hall, Stone,

The Darlaston estate was owned by Burton Abbey, but during the Reformation the estate was sold to James Collier, a wool merchant. The estate was sold to William Jervis of Meaford in 1655, and it remained ...

Aerial view of Duncan Hall, Yarnfield

An aerial view Duncan Hall at Yarnfield, looking north east. The General Post Office Engineering Department Central Training School opened in Yarnfield in 1946. It occupied buildings at Howard Hall, ...

Aerial View of Evode Chemical Works Ltd., Stafford

Aerial view of the Common Road site. Spic and Span Shoe Polishes Ltd. was established in Glover Street on 3 June 1932. The company was partly owned by Lotus Ltd., the shoe manufacturers. In 1938 ...

Aerial view of Gailey reservoirs and M6 interchange

Gailey Reservoir consists of a pair of canal feeder reservoirs situated in South Staffordshire, separated by a dam, and owned by the Canal & River Trust. Gailey Upper Reservoir is to the east, Gailey ...

Aerial View of Gas Works, Stone

Close up view of the town Gasworks on Crown Street, Stone. This view shows the new gasometer built in 1937. When War broke out in 1939 the Joule’s Stone Ales advertisement was painted out to try and ...

Aerial View of Gas Works, Stone

An aerial view showing the Gas Works and surrounding area. The two gasometers shown here were demolished shortly afterwards, and a new one built closer to Stafford Street. Top right is the Crown Bowling ...

Aerial view of Hixon Airfield Industrial Estate

View from the west looking over Hixon Airfield Industrial Estate towards Hixon village. On the right edge of the image is New Road. One of the runways can be seen in the foreground. Hixon Airfield ...

Aerial View of Hixon and the Airfield Industrial Estate,

Aerial view of Hixon with the Second World War airfield in the top right corner. In the centre is St. Peter's Church, with the industrial estate to the left.

Aerial View of Meaford Hall, Stone,

Photograph taken from a sale catalogue. A hall has stood on this site since the seventeenth century. Towards the end of the century a William Jervis of Chatcull bought the estate, and in 1740 soldiers ...

Aerial view of Pendeford, Aerodrome

Pendeford airfield opened in 1938 at a cost of £80,000. It had hangars, a control tower and grass runways. The field was to be managed by the Midland Aero Club. Although it was used by private fliers ...

Aerial view of Perton

An aerial view of Perton. North is to the left of this image. Perton Golf Course can be seen at the bottom of this photograph, taken by Geonex UK Ltd of Mitcham, Surrey.