Theme Explorer

Page 28 of 29 507 Records Found

Unloading Barrels, Three Crowns Inn, Stone,

The Three Crowns Inn is a former coaching inn on the London to the north-west route. The dray belongs to Joule's Brewery of Stone, founded by Francis Joule in 1780. Francis' son, John, took over the ...

Upper Brook Street, Rugeley

A postcard view of Upper Brook Street looking from Brook Square. The shop on the left corner is Pascoe's newsagents and stationers business. They are advertising photographic materials in the window, ...

Upper Reule Farmhouse, Haughton,

Urban District Council Offices, Cannock

In 1877 Cannock was divided into the three wards of Cannock, Chadsmoor, and Hednesford under a Local Board which had offices in Church Street from 1880. . The Urban District was established under ...

Weeping Cross House, Baswich

Weeping Cross House was built in the mid 19th century by John Twigg. In 1919 the Twigg family sold it to Richard and Gertrude Ward. The house was demolished in the 1950s.

Wesleyan Chapel, Hilderstone,

Photograph of the original. This is the only known image of the first Wesleyan Chapel at Hilderstone, built in 1822. The date stone, seen on the gable end, was incorporated into the wall of the ...

Wesleyan Chapel, Hixon

The foundation stone for the Wesleyan Chapel on Bath Lane, Hixon was laid by James Dale, proprietor of Hixon Baths, on 16 August 1842. The first service took place on 15 November 1842.

Wesleyan Chapel, Norton Bridge,

Built in 1859, the Chapel has now been converted into a private residence.

Wesleyan Chapel. Photographed by William Blake.

Church interior taken at the Wesleyan Chapel, Stafford Street, Longton, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. Stafford Street is now known as the Strand. Blake's shop was situated on this street.

West cloister, Hawkesyard Priory, Armitage, Staffordshire

A view of the west cloister in the Dominican Priory buildings at Hawkesyard, near Armitage. A long-case clock can be seen at far the end, with stone arched doorways leading off. Photographer: Alfred ...

West front, Lichfield Cathedral

The lower part of the west front, Lichfield Cathedral. Photographer: Albert Henry Yelland.

Westhorpe Home for the Elderly, Stafford,

Westhorpe was built in 1897 on Rowley Park for W.H. Peach, a shoe manufacturer and Mayor of Stafford 1886/7. In 2002 the house is a home for the elderly and is owned by the County Council. Many alterations ...

Weston Hall,

This seventeenth century hall is located half a mile west of Weston, on the lower slopes of Weston Bank. The porch was added in the Victorian period. In the early twentieth century the house was sold ...

Weston Manor House,

Originally a farmhouse, Weston Manor dates from the sixteenth century. In the mid-1800s the building was used as a National School and school teacher's cottage, then a Wesleyan Methodist meeting house ...

Wheelwright's house, Bagot Street, Abbots Bromley

George F. Bradbury Senior bought the wheelwright's business and premises in Abbots Bromley from Mr Robinson in 1864. He and his son George F. Bradbury Junior ran a wheelwrights, joiners and undertakers ...

Whitmore Road Lodge, Trentham

Whitmore Road Lodge or Hargreaves Lodge, and built by Thomas Roberts, the Sutherland Estate's Surveyor and Architect in 1896. The Sutherlands used this lodge if they were travelling to Newcastle or Market ...

Windygates Hall, near the Roaches

The Hall was erected in 1634 by Thomas Brough and Elizabeth Cotton. Windygates has been occupied and farmed by the Robinson for most of the past 150 years.

Wolseley Hall, Colwich

The Wolseley family had lived on the estate since Norman times. In the eighteenth century Wolseley Hall was rebuilt, but burned down in the 1950s. The estate remained derelict until 1990, when the ...