Theme Explorer

Page 23 of 26 465 Records Found

The English Electric Co., Stafford

Employees are pictured alongside a generator stator frame which would later form part of a hydro-electric generator for the Waitaki power station built on New Zealand’s South Island during the 1920s to ...

The English Electric Co., Stafford Works Fire Engine

The English Electric Co., Stafford Works, Aster Merryweather, Fire Engine is pictured with the Fire Crew including a Fire-Woman (which was quite unusual at this time). The fire engine was housed in the ...

The English Electric Company and the LMS 10000

The LMS (London, Midland and Scottish Railway) Diesel Electric Locomotive No 10000 under construction at Derby Railway Works. The locomotive was designed by the LMS Chief Mechanical Engineer, H G ...

The English Electric Company and the LMS 10000

The LMS (London, Midland and Scottish Railway) Diesel Electric Locomotive No 10000. The locomotive was designed by the LMS Chief Mechanical Engineer, H G Ivatt. The English Electric Company was ...

The English Electric Company and the LMS 10000

The LMS (London, Midland and Scottish Railway) Diesel Electric Locomotive No 10000. The locomotive was designed by the LMS Chief Mechanical Engineer, H G Ivatt. The English Electric Company was ...

The Etna Works, Duke Street, Fenton

The Etna Works was at the southern end of Duke Street adjacent to the railway line, operated by W H Barker & Sons, A more modern factory stands on the site today.

The Hough, Lichfield Road, Stafford

This group of distinguished looking managers and engineers are pictured on a cold day in the garden with the east front of the Hough in the background. This building later became known as The Old Hough. ...

The Main Offices, Alstom, Lichfield Road, Stafford

During the ownership of Siemens, English Electric Co., GEC and Alstom this building was known as Main Offices. These offices and the adjacent factory were built for Siemens Brothers and ready for ...

The New Hough, Lichfield Road, Stafford

The New Hough was built in 1907 and was the residence of the Manager with his servants, a groom and a gardener. The architect was Arnold Mitchell of Hanover Square, London. The estimated cost was £1,500.00. ...

The New Hough, Stafford

Housekeeper, Mrs T. Ward and Chef, Mr S. Banton in the garden of the New Hough. The garden was very large with formal borders, hedges, lawns and a large vegetable garden. Due to redevelopment of ...

The New Hough, Stafford

Housekeeper, Mrs T. Ward in the dining room of the New Hough. On the ground floor in addition to the dining room was an entrance hall, drawing room, morning room, cloak room and a large kitchen with ...

The old bakery, King Street, Fenton

Standing on the corner of Baron Street and King Street in Fenton, the Overhead Line Fittings Ltd warehouse was originally a bakery. It was the site of the earliest automatic bakery in North Staffordshire, ...

The Old Hough and the New Hough, Stafford

Until around 1980 there were two large houses and a lodge in an area known as the Hough in Stafford. These buildings were very near to the Lichfield Road (A34); however, they were all difficult to see ...

The Old Hough Bakery and Laundry, Stafford

This photograph was taken shortly before the building was demolished and later replaced by a retail shopping park.

The Old Smithy, Wolverhampton Road, Cannock

This postcard, published by Henry Praill of the "Courier" Office, Cannock, shows the Old Smithy, at the top of Wolverhampton Road, Cannock. George Turner was the blacksmith there for many years.

The Reliant 8cwt Van

Introduced in 1938, the Reliant 8cwt van was powered by a 7bhp Austin 7 engine. Reliant continued to use this engine until September 1939 after which it manufactured its own engines based on the Austin ...

The Reliant Carmel, Tamworth

The Carmel was designed and built by the Reliant Motor Company in Tamworth for the Israeli market. One of the first models is seen here on a photo shoot in the early 1960s at Drayton Manor Park & Zoo ...

The Reliant Sabra

Reliant initially designed and built a sports car for the Israeli market called the Sabra. This was then modified for the UK market and became the Sabre. This image shows the prototype model in 1961. The ...