Theme Explorer

Page 20 of 20 345 Records Found

Winshill flour mill, Burton upon Trent

As early as 1086 Burton Abbey owned a mill on this site on the Winshill side of the River Trent. The flor mill was rebuilt in 1701-2 and again in 1745 by Henry Hayne. Thomas Greensmith installed a ...

Wodehouse Mill, near Wombourne

A view of the three-storey farmhouse at Wodehouse Mill, with the mill building adjoining to the left. This early 19th century mill stands on the Wom Brook on the estate of The Wodehouse, a Jacobean ...

Ye Olde Mill Cafe, Alton

The mill building was turned into a cafe some time after the mill closed c1932. The premises was also used as a petrol station for many years, which meant it was a convenient stop-off place for visitors ...