Theme Explorer

Start Again > Parks & Gardens > Domestic Gardens
Page 2 of 10 175 Records Found

Chartley Hall and Grounds, Stowe-by-Chartley,

The original moated timber mansion house at Chartley was home to the Devereux family, who had moved from Chartley Castle during the fifteenth century. In 1575 Elizabeth I was entertained at Chartley ...

Chebsey Village,

Children with Toys, Little Bridgeford,

This photograph was taken on the Stafford to Eccleshall Road at Little Bridgeford. The young girl is holding a metal hoop and stick.

Chinese House, Shugborough Park

The design for the Chinese House was taken from sketches made by Sir Percy Brett, who accompanied Admiral Anson during his voyage of circumnavigation. The journey included a stay of some months in China. The ...

Chinese House, Shugborough Park

The design for the Chinese House was taken from sketches made by Sir Percy Brett, who accompanied Admiral Anson during his voyage of circumnavigation. The journey included a stay of some months in China. The ...

Church Cottage, Seighford

On the left of this view is Ivy Cottage which was home to Mr and Mrs Albert Hine, second left is Church Cottage which was home to the Breeze family. These two cottages were also known locally as Spite ...

Church Cottage, Seighford

On the extreme right of the picture, left to right, are Jessie Breeze and Flossie Breeze who are standing by the garden of Church Cottage, Seighford. In the background is a glimpse of St. Chad's Church, ...

Church Street, Stone

A postcard view captioned “Old Part of Stone” which shows the rear of houses on Church Street, with the tower of St. Michael's Church in the background. On the extreme right is the Robin Hood public ...

Consall Hall and Gardens

Consall Hall dates from around 1810 and was remodelled in the 1880s. In 1918 it was acquired by William Podmore Snr and his wife Alberta. William Snr owned a firm in the Staffordshire Potteries manufacturing ...

Coton, Gnosall

A postcard view of a quiet scene at Coton, Gnosall which was franked on 30 May 1910 and sent to an address in Malvern Wells, Worcestershire.

Cottage at Bromstead, near Gnosall

This cottage is believed to be Bishop's Cottage at Bromstead, near Gnosall. Photographer: Harry Osbourne of Woodseaves.

Cottage, possibly near Milford

A postcard view of a picturesque cottage and garden at an unknown location, possibly in the Milford area. On the reverse there is a message to the recipient “This is our cottage & we are most comfortable ...

Cottages in Hawkesyard Park, Armitage

Previously the Steward's House, this building was enlarged to make a home for Miss Helen Gulson, the niece, and companion in widower-hood, of Josiah Spode IV. Josiah's will gave Miss Gulson the living ...

Cottages in Milford,

Cross Road and Hill Street, Rugeley

The title on this postcard scene ‘Council Houses in Sandy Lane, Rugeley’ is slightly incorrect. This view was taken in Cross Road looking northeast towards Hill Street, which runs between Burnthill Lane ...

Cucumber and tomatoes, Uttoxeter

Mr A. Bailey of 54 Dove Walk, Uttoxeter pictured with a large hanging cucumber and tomatoes in his greenhouse. Photographer: Gerald McCann of High Street, Uttoxeter.

Derby Road, Uttoxeter

A postcard view taken on Dove Bank looking north along Derby Road, Uttoxeter. On the left behind the wall is Alleyne’s Grammar School. Also on the left amongst the trees are two buildings, one is partly ...

Doctor's House, Great Haywood,