Theme Explorer

Page 2 of 3 47 Records Found

Main Street, Swynnerton

A view of Swynnerton looking south from the Stab Lane and Tittensor Lane junction. On the right is the Old Post Office, an 18th century thatched cottage. It was the village Post Office until 1978.

Main Street, Swynnerton

Looking north along the main street through Swynnerton. Facing the photographer is the Old Post Office, an 18th century thatched cottage. It was the village Post Office until 1978.

Meaford Power Station and Darlaston Bridge, near Stone

Meaford Power Station, situated on the River Trent, was first commissioned in 1948 and was a coal-fired power station. Both the Meaford A (1948) and Meaford B (commissioned 1955) stations can be seen, ...

Monument to the Duke of Sutherland, Trentham Park

The monument was erected in 1836 in honour of the 1st Duke of Sutherland, George Granville Leveson-Gower, at Trentham Gardens. The monument was designed by Charles Winks and the figure was sculpted under ...

Monument to the Duke of Sutherland, Trentham Park

The monument was erected in 1836 in honour of the 1st Duke of Sutherland, George Granville Leveson-Gower, at Trentham Gardens. The monument was designed by Charles Winks and the figure was sculpted under ...

Nash's Wheelwrights, Acton Trussell

Nash's wheelwright's workshop in Lower Penkridge Road, adjacent to Nash Cottage. The older man seated is probably wheelwright Ephraim Nash (1826-1904) and the two younger men may be his sons William (born ...

Old Wheelwright's Cottage, Clifton Campville

The old wheelwright's cottage in Clifton Campville, a thatched timber-framed house seen here in a poor state of repair

Portable bandstand, Stone

A portable bandstand designed and built by Haynes and Sons, wheelwrights, Stone in 1920. The bandstand was suitable for 25 instrumentalists, and cost £100 Little real effort was made to market and sell ...

Portable bandstand, Stone

A portable bandstand designed and built by Haynes and Sons, wheelwrights, Stone in 1920. The bandstand was suitable for 25 instrumentalists, and cost £100 Little real effort was made to market and sell ...

Post Office, Swynnerton

Looking south along the main road through Swynnerton, with the Post Office on the near right hand side. It closed in 1978.

Rickshaw, Uttoxeter Church Bazaar

A rickshaw made by Richardson's Coachbuilders pictured at the Uttoxeter Church Bazaar in an Alfred McCann postcard. The boy between the shafts was Richardson's last apprentice. This rickshaw was not ...

Rudyard Lake

Rudyard Lake is a reservoir which was constructed in 1797 by engineer John Rennie to feed the Caldon Branch of the Trent & Mersey Canal. It is around 2.5 miles long and covers roughly an area of 168 acres. ...

Skating by Moonlight on Rudyard Lake

Rudyard Lake or reservoir was constructed in 1797 by engineer, John Rennie, to feed the Caldon Branch of the Trent & Mersey Canal. It is around 2.5 miles long and covers roughly an area of 168 acres. ...

Spring Valley, Trentham

Spring Valley, on the Trentham Estate, separates Jervis Wood form King's Wood. With Jervis Wood to its south, King's Wood provides the primary background to Trentham lake in the view from the Hall and ...

St. Mary's Church, Swynnerton

The parish church of St. Mary’s has Norman features, notably a very fine west doorway. The chancel and nave are Early English. The church is also notable for a statue of a seated Christ, some seven feet ...

Stone Road, Tittensor

St. Luke's Church gates can be seen on the left. When the A34 was constructed and the road was widened, the gates were moved back, meaning that the church was much closer to the road..

Swynnerton Hall

In 1562 the Swynnerton estate passed to William Fitzherbert. The present house was built by Francis Smith of Warwick for Thomas Fitzherbert in 1729. James Trubshaw made further additions and alteration ...

Swynnerton Park

A view of the parkland within the Swynnerton Hall estate. In 1562 the Swynnerton estate passed to William Fitzherbert. The present house was built by Francis Smith of Warwick for Thomas Fitzherbert ...