Theme Explorer

Start Again > Costume & Textiles > Working Wear > Non-military Uniform
Page 2 of 19 331 Records Found

Brewhouse, Trentham Hall,

View taken from the entrance to the coach yard. The brewhouse is on the left, with the poultry house to the right. The brewhouse also contained the bakehouse and laundry. Most country houses had a ...

Bridge Street Fire Station, Stafford,

The fire station was built in 1885 at the junction of Greengate Street and Bridge Street, next to the Royal Brine Baths. The baths incorporated an open-sided tower which was used by the firemen for drying ...

Bridgwood's Pottery staff, Bridgwood Street, Longton

Bridgwood & Son were established in Lane End around 1795. Sampson Bridgwood took over the Anchor Pottery at the corner of Wharf Street (renamed Bridgwood Street in the 1950s) and Goddard Street in Longton ...

British Legion Parade, Wetley Rocks

British Legion members march past St. John the Baptist church at Wetley Rocks.

British Red Cross Beret, c.1940-1960

This is a lady's Red Cross Officers beret and was in use in the 1940s and 1950s.

British Reinforced Concrete, Factory Canteen, Stafford,

The British Reinforced Concrete Engineering Company manufactured reinforced concrete structures and made steel mesh for reinforcing concrete. The company moved from Manchester to Stafford in 1926, building ...

Captain Alfred Ernest Haywood, Stafford Fire Brigade

Alfred Ernest Haywood (1876-1958) was born in Newcastle under Lyme, one of 14 children brought up by Alfred and Annie Haywood. The family settled in Thornton's Buildings in Cherry Street, Stafford. Alfred ...

Car and chauffeur, Audley area

Car and chauffeur outside an unidentified house, believed to be somewhere in the Audley area. Can you identify the place or the chauffeur?

Chadsmoor A.R.P.

A group photograph of Chadsmoor A.R.P. (Air Raid Patrol) at Princess Street, Chadsmoor, Cannock. Included in this groupm are Norman Thomas Brookes (wearing glasses, back row, first on left) and his ...

Charabanc, Castle Hill, Audley

A charabanc pictured outside Castle Hill Farmhouse. The building was built in 1870. In 1930 it became the offices of Audley District Urban Council until it became part of Newcastle Borough Council in ...

Chauffeur and passengers, Stafford

A motor car with three women passengers dressed in typical Edwardian motoring outfits and a chauffeur to the left. We have not been able to identify the people or the location but it was taken in or ...

Chauffeur in Daimler Car, Creswell Hall,

Alfred Bate was chauffeur to the Meakin family of Creswell Hall. He is seen here in an early Daimler car.

Children-in-Need Presentation, Stone,

On 27 November 1987 Stone Division Guides held a mammoth fund raising event at G.E.C. Stone in aid of the B.B.C. Children-in-Need Appeal. Each unit held their own fund raising event, including an ...

Children's Ward on Christmas Day, Biddulph Grange Orthopaedic Hospital

Obviously Father Christmas had a lot of requests for dressing up kits in this year. These young boys are certainly pleased with their cowboy and sailor outfits, not to mention all the other presents on ...

Children's Ward on Christmas Day, Biddulph Grange Orthopaedic Hospital

View of nurses, Mrs Rochelle the Matron and children, some with their Christmas presents on the ward decorated for Christmas. Brian Harland aged 2 1/2 at the time is the little boy in the bus conductor’s ...

Children's Ward, Biddulph Grange Orthopaedic Hospital

Young patients, some of whom are playing in the centre of the picture, and nurses on the ward. This picture must have been taken in the summer because the outside doors are fully open. The blocks under ...

Children's Ward, Stafford General Infirmary,

The foundations of Stafford General Infirmary began in a rented house in Foregate Street in 1766, making it one of the oldest hospitals in the country. Funds were acquired through subscriptions and bequests. An ...

Christening a New Fire Engine, Stafford

Mayor William Thomas Richardson and Mayoress Emily Richardson of Stafford christening a new fire engine on Market Square. The fire engine was named 'Emily' after the Mayoress. The fireman on the right ...