Theme Explorer

Page 2 of 21 361 Records Found

Band, Mayor's Civic Parade, Stone,

The parade is seen here crossing the bridge on Radford Street, towards Oulton Road.

Bass Shire horses visit to Holy Trinity C.E.(C) Primary School, Burton

This photograph was taken on the school playground during a visit from two of the Bass Shire horses. The school has four school teams, each of which is named after one of the four Bass Shires. Those ...

Battle of Britain Parade by RAF Stafford

Pictured during a Battle of Britain Parade are RAF Stafford personnel marching from Greengate Street into the Market Square, Stafford. Taking the Salute on the platform on the right are Squadron Leader ...

Battle of Britain Parade by RAF Stafford

The Mayor of Stafford, Alderman Mrs Ruth Turney (Mayor in 1946, 1947 and 1948) is pictured on the platform taking the salute from RAF Stafford service personnel as they march past in the Market Square, ...

Bell Ringers Jug, Newcastle-under-Lyme

Bellringer jugs are rare. Some have the names of the bellringers inscribed on the side. Bellringer jugs were traditionally used by the churches bell-ringers to quench their thirst. Customarily the ...

Bell Ringers Jug, Newcastle-under-Lyme

Bell ringing can be thirsty work and in order to give the ringers the strength to carry on a tradition was established to pay them with ale! This jug is made of earthenware and is quite large, measuring ...

Ben Tillet and John Ward

Lithograph print. A caricature of Ben Tillet (left) and John Ward by 'Spy', with caption 'Labour men' . Appeared in 'Vanity Fair' 29th July 1908. Benjamin Tillett (1860–1943) was a socialist, trade ...

Berkswich branch, Annual Dinner, British Legion, Stafford

Officials and visitors are pictured at the the annual dinner of the Berkswich branch of the British Legion held at the Swan Hotel in Stafford. Seated left to right: the Deputy Mayor, Alderman L Dobson, ...

Boer War New Year Card, Westhorpe, Stafford

New Year card sent by the Peach family, referring to the Boer War (1899 - 1902). This was one of two wars (the first was 1880 - 1881) fought by the British in South Africa against the Boer settlers. The ...

Borough Hall, Stafford

This postcard view shows the Borough Hall on Eastgate Street which was designed by Henry Ward, the Borough architect. It opened on 20 June 1877. Stafford Borough Council offices, the Library and the ...

Borough Police Force, Newcastle-under-Lyme

The Borough Police Force are here seen pictured with the Mayor of Newcastle, William Mellard. They are outside Mellard's home, The Beeches, which stood on Liverpool Road (now the site of a bus depot). ...

Borough War Memorial, Stafford,

Laying wreaths by the Borough War Memorial on Victoria Square, Mayoral Sunday, 1945. The mayor is Mr H. Wallace-Copeland. The Borough War Memorial was unveiled in 1922 in memory of the Stafford men ...

Boys' Brigade Parade, Market Square, Stafford

Alderman A.G.B. Owen, OBE, President of the West Midland District of the Boys' Brigade, takes the salute at a march-past of district units outside the Stafford Guildhall after a service at the Baptist ...

Burgess Lands Map, Newcastle-under-Lyme

Plan of the Borough of Newcastle-under-Lyme with the whole of the lands held in trust by the Burgesses, surveyed by Robert Malabar. Alterations to Church Districts are drawn on map by hand in red and ...

Burgess Lands Map, Newcastle-under-Lyme

This map shows the lands held in trust by the Burgesses of Newcastle-under-Lyme and was made by Richard Malabar. Over 800 years ago the King granted the town a Royal Charter, and it became a Borough. ...

Burgess Lands Map, Newcastle-under-Lyme

This map shows the lands held in trust by the Burgesses of Newcastle-under-Lyme and was made by Richard Malabar. Over 800 years ago the King granted the town a Royal Charter, and it became a Borough. ...

Burslem - Town Hall and Market House: engraving

Showing a square Georgian building with a bell turret, viewed from the market place.Inscribed 'Town-Hall and Market-House of Burslem.''H. Sherwin, fecit.,' [made the drawing.]

Burslem Town Hall

This engraving of the "New Town Hall" dates from around 1856.