Theme Explorer

Page 2 of 16 275 Records Found

Brookfields of Stafford paper bag

A paper bag from Brookfields tailors shop, Greengate Street. In 1743 George Boulton, a draper, opened a shop on Market Square. By the 1860s the shop was known as Brookfield and Windows. By the early ...

C.H. Riley & Son Albion Works shoe factory, Stafford

These buildings in Fancy Walk, Stafford, formed part of the C.H. Riley & Son Albion Works shoe factory, which stood on the adjacent Marston Road and closed around 1957. In later years the buildings on ...

Calash

Purple silk calash lined with hessian. Four hoops with material gathered in between. Belonged to Mary Landor (1777-1860), daughter of John Landor, Rector of Colton. She was a spinster and spent ...

Canteen building, Lotus Ltd, Stafford

New canteen building at Lotus Ltd's factory, opened in 1968. Lotus was originally named Bostock's and was founded in the eighteenth century by Thomas Bostock, a cobbler. His three sons started their ...

Carpenters, Lotus Shoe Factory, Stafford,

Lotus was originally named Bostock's and was founded in the eighteenth century by Thomas Bostock, a cobbler. His three sons started their own factories in Stafford, Stone and Northampton. Edwin Bostock's ...

Charabanc Outing, Stafford,

Female employees from Dyche's Shoe factory in Stafford on a charabanc outing. Photograph taken outside the Grand Pavilion at Matlock Bath. The driver, wearing the white cap, is Harry Mason.

Christmas dinner, Lotus Ltd., Stone

Staff from Lotus Ltd. enjoying their Christmas dinner in the canteen at the Lotus shoe factory, Stone. Seated far left isJohn Morris.

Christmas Party, Lotus Ltd., Stafford

A Christmas party at the Lotus Ltd club, Stafford. From left to right: Joan Wilkes (worked in the Lotus factory shop), Barbara Loveys (worked in warehouse), Pauline Insull (worked in warehouse), Margaret ...

Christmas Party, Lotus Ltd, Stafford

A Christmas party at the Lotus Ltd club. From left to right: John Loveys (wearing party hat), Maurice Coghlan, Peter Wilkes.

Christmas Party, Lotus Ltd., Stone

Pictured in the centre of the front row is Miss Christine Williams (wearing glasses) along with employees and guests during a Christmas party. This view was taken inside the wooden Bowling Clubhouse ...

Christmas Party, Lotus Ltd., Stone

Pictured second left on the front row is Miss Christine Williams along with employees and guests standing by a buffet table during a Christmas party. This view was taken inside the wooden Bowling Clubhouse ...

Church Lane, Oulton, Stone

The two-storey building with a chimney in the end gable was a shoe factory built in 1864, probably owned by Thomas Bostock & Co.

Cleaning after the Floods, Stone,

In August 1987, the Scotch Brook culvert burst causing much flooding. Here two workers clean up flood damage in the Lotus factory shop on High Street.

Clicking department, Lotus Ltd., Stafford

Ron Andrews and Alan Lewis are pictured in the Clicking Department at the Lotus Shoe Factory in Stafford. This photograph was taken by Stafford photographer Tony Boydon. Lotus was originally named ...

Clicking Dept., Mason and Marson Shoe Factory, Stafford, (1)

This is one of a series of postcards sent to the wife of an Australian shoe manufacturer, Fred Cull of George Cull and Son. Mr Cull spent some months working for Mason and Marson on Sandon Road, who ...

Clicking Dept., Mason and Marson Shoe Factory, Stafford, (2)

In the clicking department the various shoe parts were cut from leather. These were then sent to the closing department to be bonded together to form shoe uppers. This is one of a series of postcards ...

Clicking Room, Lotus Shoe Factory, Stone

This photograph is of the clicking or cutting room, where the pieces of leather which make up the parts of the shoe are cut from hides. The Lotus factory stands on Longton Road in Stone. Lotus was ...

Clicking Room, Lotus Shoe Factory, Stone

The Lotus factory on Longton Road manufactured ladies' shoes. This photograph is of the lasting or making room, where the shoe upper is attached to the sole. Lotus was originally named Bostock's and ...