Theme Explorer

Page 2 of 7 121 Records Found

Cottage at Slitting Mill, Rugeley,

Cottage by Slitting Mill Waterworks shortly before demolition. The cottage belonged to the Water Company. Mary Sant (pictured) and her blacksmith husband William were allowed to stay in the cottage until ...

Cresswell Pumping Station, Draycott-in-the-Moors

Cresswell Pumping Station was built between 1927 and 1932 by the Staffordshire Potteries Waterworks . It was officially opened in July 1932 and contained a pair of steam engines which were amongst the ...

Cresswell Pumping Station, Draycott-in-the-Moors

Cresswell Pumping Station was built between 1927 and 1932 by the Staffordshire Potteries water Board . It was officially opened in July 1932 and contained a pair of steam engines which were amongst the ...

Cresswell Pumping Station, Draycott-in-the-Moors

Cresswell Pumping Station was built between 1927 and 1932 by the Staffordshire Potteries water Board . It was officially opened in July 1932 and contained a pair of steam engines which were amongst the ...

Enginehouse, Milford Waterworks,

The waterworks pumping station was built at Milford in 1890. The reservoirs situated on the top of the Satnall Hills supplied water to Stafford and its surrounding districts.

Fair, Market Square, Stafford,

Henry III granted the first annual fair to Stafford in 1261. Fairs had two sides - trade and pleasure. People would travel from a wide area to visit the fairs, which often filled the town's main streets. By ...

Felling of Grange Pumping Station Chinmey, Burton-on-Trent

Gaol Square, Stafford

View of the square showing, on the right, the Singer Sewing Centre, the Mecca sweet shop and The Jap Co., household furnishers. The four-dial clock was presented by George Bruckshaw in 1916, to celebrate ...

Gaol Square, Stafford,

This drinking fountain was erected on Gaol Square in 1889 by the widow of Thomas Sidney, in memory of her husband. Thomas Sidney was born in a house on Gaol Square (now occupied by Radio Rentals) in ...

Granville Square, Stone,

View from Granville Square down High Street. Granville Square was known as Pump Square until 1903. To celebrate the coronation of Edward VII the town pump, seen in front of the street lamp, was replaced ...

Hall Flat, Little Haywood

Pencil and wash drawing by Great Haywood born artist, Thomas Peploe Wood (1817-1845) showing a well outside Hall Flat House, Little Haywood.

Hednesford views

A colour-tinted postcard featuring five views of Hednesford: Water Works at Morse Gorse; Anglesey Hotel, Market Street, Hednesford; St Peter's Church, Church Hill, Hednesford; West Hill, Hednesford; looking ...

Hednesford views

An unusually decorative postcard with two unrelated views of Hednesford and area: Stafford Lane, Hednesford and Moors Gorse Waterworks pumping station.

Herringbone Cottage, Shallowford,

Photograph donated by Stafford Historical and Civic Society, who retain copyright ownership.

High Green Conduit, Cannock

This hexagonal stone building is the Conduit, which housed the outlet of the town's water supply, piped from a spring on Rummer Hill. The Cannock Conduit Trust was formed in 1735 to bring fresh drinking ...

High Green, Cannock,

The hexagonal stone building is the Conduit, which housed the outlet of the town's water supply, piped from a spring on Rummer Hill.

High Street, Caverswall

High Street, Caverswall, looking north. A photograph taken by Longtom photographer, William Blake.

Hinksford Waterworks, near Kinver