Theme Explorer

Page 2 of 28 491 Records Found

Birches Head Road, Stoke-on-Trent

The view west along Birches Head Road from just before the Caldon Canal. The parapets of the canal bridge are in the centre of the photograph. Just beyond is the level crossing over the Biddulph Valley/Stoke ...

Bishton Hall - Temple near Wolseley Bridge: sepia wash drawing

Showing a classical Temple in the grounds of Bishton Hall, with one pediment which has been erected over an arched channel [?boathouse], at the side of the river. Wolseley Bridge, with three arches ...

Black Bull station and Victoria Colliery aerial ropeway, Brindley Ford, Stoke-on-Trent

Black Bull Station was just north of Brindley Ford on the Biddulph Valley line, opened in 1860. The station opened in 1864 but the line was used mainly for coal and iron stone and passenger numbers were ...

Blithfield Reservoir

The causeway carrying the B5013 across Blithfield Reservoir. Blithfield is the largest reservoir in Staffordshire, being 2 miles (3.2km) long, covering an area of 790 acres (320 hectares) with a maximum ...

Blurton Road and the Cockster Brook Bridge, Blurton

This is the view north along Blurton Road from Poplar Drive. In the centre of the photograph is the bridge that carries the road over the Cockster Brook (also known as the Longton Brook). The brook starts ...

Boat Inn Bridge, Gnosall

Boat Inn Bridge is bridge no.34 on the Shropshire Union Canal. On the other side of the brisge, to the right can be seen the Boat Inn. From the County Archaeology photograph collection held at Staffordshire ...

Bog Lane bridge, Lightwood, Longton

Photograph taken from the south-west, looking towards Longton. Bog Lane was later known as Woodpark Lane.

Boys Fishing, Stone,

Boys fishing in Trent and Mersey Canal at Meaford, near Stone.

Bratch Locks, near Wombourne

Bratch Locks stand on the Staffordshire and Worcestershire Canal, which was engineered by James Brindley and opened in May 1772. There are 3 locks at Bratch which are notable for their unusual configuration. ...

Brick bridge, Fairway, Stafford

The original brick bridge over the River Sow on Fairway was replaced in the early 1960's. This photograph shows the bridge during winter floods.

Bridge and weir, unknown location

This photograph has been wrongly identified as showing Elford Bridge over the River Tame. Please contact us if you recognise the location of the bridge and weir in this image.

Bridge at Hazlehurst Junction, near Endon

This bridge takes the towpath for the Leek branch over the main branch of the Caldon Canal at Hazlehurst Junction. It consists of an iron arch between stone abutments and was built in 1842.

Bridge on River Stour, Kinver

Bridge over Backfilled Canal, Norbury Junction,

The Newport branch of the Shropshire Union Canal started at Norbury Junction. This branch of the canal was little used after 1920 and was closed by by Act of Parliament in 1944. It has since been ...

Bridge over Endon Brook, near Cheddleton

View of a bridge over Endon Brook.

Bridge over Moat, Eccleshall Castle,

The castle was used as the residence of the Bishops of Lichfield. The first reference to this building was in 1200, when Bishop Geoffrey Muschamp obtained a royal licence to embattle a manor house in ...

Bridge over the River Churnet

Two smartly-dressed Edwardian men pose on a bridge spanning the River Churnet. The walkway appears to be supported by a sturdy tree trunk spanning the two river banks. As the river is prone to flooding, ...

Bridge over the River Dove, Tutbury

The present Tutbury Bridge was built around 1817. Beyond can be seen the bridge for the railway line which linked Tutbury Plaster Mill to the North Staffordshire Railway branch line between Uttoxeter ...