Theme Explorer

More than 2000 results were returned, we've just shown the first 2000. Use the sub themes, where available, to refine your results.
Page 2 of 112 2000 Records Found

Adam Bede's Grave, Ellastone

Graves belonging to the Evans family in the churchyard of St. Peter's Church, Ellastone. George Eliot (Mary Ann Evans) based her novel 'Adam Bede' on Ellastone, named as Hayslope in the book which was ...

Adams Street, Milton, Stoke-on-Trent

This is a view north along Adams Street from Newleigh Street (once New Street) in Milton. Millrise Road is at the top, with the line of trees. The large building (right) at the corner of Adams Street ...

Adbaston Church: line and stipple engraving

South west view showing the tower with crenellations and pinnacles, the south porch, and the square headed windows along the south side of the church. There are houses in the background to the left ...

Adbaston Church: pen and wash drawing

'Adbaston Church.' South west view showing the tower with crenellations and pinnacles, the south porch, and the square headed windows along the south side of the church. There are houses in background ...

Adbaston Church: sepia drawing

'North west View of Adbaston Church, Staffordshire', chiefly showing the tower, the west windows and the doorway.'J. B.,' [John Buckler.]

Adbaston Church: sepia drawing

'South East View of Adbaston Church, Staffordshire,' showing the church, which is mainly 15th century, with the chancel, the nave and the west tower.'J. Buckler.'

Adbaston Church: water colour painting

'Adbaston Church.' South west view showing the tower with crenellations and pinnacles, the south porch and the square headed windows along the south side of the church. There are houses in the background ...

Adbaston Church: water colour painting

Aerial view of Newcastle-under-Lyme town centre

This photograph shows many areas of the town that have now been developed. The central area of this photograph has changed a great deal, with the building of the Civic Offices and Sainsbury's. Also the ...

Aerial view of Oulton Abbey and village, near Stone

Ann aerial view of Oulton, looking north-east, with Oulton Abbey bottom right. Oulton Abbey, formerly Oulton House, was built by Thomas Dent, a solicitor, in about 1720. It was later owned by John ...

Aerial view of Perton

An aerial view of Perton, looking north west along Parkway. House building is well underway and the houses built by Gallifords around Marston Drive and those built by Midland and General in Mercia Drive ...

Aerial view of St Mary's Church, Stafford,

The Collegiate Church of St. Mary is the parish church of Stafford. The present building is a mixture of genuine medieval and the work of Sir George Gilbert Scott, who restored the church in 1841 - 1844 ...

Aerial View of Stafford from St. Mary's Church Tower

View looking towards Greengate Street. The church tower belongs to St. Chad's. The timber framed building in the foreground is the Ancient High House, built in 1595. King Charles I stayed here in ...

Aerial View of Stafford,

View of Stafford town centre, looking east. St. Mary's church can be seen in the bottom right, with Greengate and Gaolgate Streets running across the centre. Copyright and ownership of this image ...

Aerial view of Stone from the north west

An aerial view looking towards the town centre. St. Michael's church is in the centre of this photograph, with Church Lane level crossing in the foreground, and the Mill to the right. The area now (2010) ...

Aerial View of Wombourne

An aerial view of the centre of Wombourne, looking north-east. The Church can be seen to the top of the picture, with the cricket ground on the village green occupying centre left.

Aldergate Methodist Chapel, Tamworth

This chapel in Aldergate was built to replace a previous chapel, which was demolished during the construction of Corporation Street. The pictured chapel was built in 1886 and its Gothic facade can be ...

Aldridge - parsonage: pen and wash drawing

'Parsonage Aldridge, Residence late Rev. John Uylde.' View showing the church tower and houses in the distance, particularly the parsonage. Anonymous, [S.C. Fernyhough or J. R. Fernyhough]