Theme Explorer

Page 2 of 15 264 Records Found

Beaudesert Hall

A postcard of the south-east view of Beaudesert Hall, near Gentleshaw, residence of the Marquis of Anglesey. The building dated from the 15th century with later alterations. The walled garden is on the ...

Bird in Hand Public House, Stafford,

The Bird in Hand public house on Victoria Square.

Bird's Eye View of Eastgate Street, Stafford,

This photograph was taken from the top of the 7 storey building on Tipping Street owned by Staffordshire County Council. The building was in use by the Local Taxation & Licences Department and was later ...

Bird's Eye View of Stafford from Tipping Street

View across Stafford towards the castle, from the top of the Tax Office on Tipping Street. In the centre can be seen the tower of St. Mary's Church; to the right of St. Mary's the Broad Eye windmill ...

Boat Inn, Stone,

The Boat Inn on Newcastle Road.

Bore Street looking towards the Guildhall, Lichfield

The Old Crown Hotel can be seen on the left hand side of the street, with Edgar's Studio on the right. The Crown Hotel was demolished in 1983 and in 2003 the site was occupied by Dolland and Aitchinson ...

Bore Street, Lichfield

The title on this postcard ‘Old houses in Bare Street, Lichfield’ is incorrect. This view is in Bore Street, Lichfield. Second from the left is the Guildhall which was rebuilt in the 19th century, ...

Borough War Memorial and St. Mary's Church, Stafford,

The Borough War Memorial was unveiled in 1922 in memory of the Stafford men who lost their lives in the First World War. The statue of a soldier originally faced the railway station, from which many ...

Bowcroft Cottages, Penkridge

Bowcroft Cottages in New Road is a restored timber-framed range of three bays, dating from the 16th or 17th centuries.

Bradley village,

View from Almshouse Croft looking towards Chapel Lane (left) and Church Lane (right), with St Mary and All Saints Church in the distance.

Bradley's Wireless Shop, Stafford,

This sixteenth century building on Church Lane was originally a bakery. It was opened as a wireless shop by Mr Bradley in the 1920s. In later years housed an antiques shop and the Sheriff's Office....

Brewood - Long Birch Hall: sepia drawing

West view showing the front of a Tudor building of brick, with stone dressings. Also showing the porch and the garden gate. the house was demolished in 1874. 'T. P. Wood.'

Brewood - Long Birch Hall: woodcut engraving

Showing a Tudor building with a central block and wings. It was demolished in 1874. Anonymous.

Bridge Street, Stafford

View from Green Bridge towards Chetwynd House. Mr Jenkinson, a baker and confectioner, owned the shop in the foreground. Next door was the Woolpack Inn, demolished to make way for the Baths Hotel ...

Brocton Post Office,

Brook House, Bucknall

The Brook House, Bucknall, built in about 1636. It was dismantled in 1974 and moved to Knighton, near Mucklestone. Photographed by William Blake of Longton.

Brook House, Bucknall

The Brook House, Bucknall, built in about 1636. It was dismantled in 1974 and moved to Knighton, near Mucklestone. Photographed by William Blake of Longton.

Broughton Hall

Broughton Hall was built for Sir Thomas Broughton in the mid-sixteenth century, possibly on the site of an earlier building. During the eighteenth century the ornate timber work was covered in plaster, ...