Theme Explorer

Page 2 of 10 168 Records Found

Blithfield Church - painted glass: pencil drawings

Six drawings of coloured roundels and panels of painted glass. Artist: 'J. B.,' [John Buckler]

Bourne Chapel, Longton. Photographed by William Blake.

Church exterior taken at Bourne Chapel, Longton, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.

Box Pews, All Saints' Church, Milwich,

The first record of a church on this site is dated c.1140. The tower of the present building dates from the late fifteenth century, although the remainder of the church was rebuilt in the 1790s after ...

Brindley Mill, Leek

A postcard view of Brindley Mill from an original drawing by Carl M. Haywood. The mill was built in 1752, almost certainly by James Brindley, the great canal builder, who is known to have set up his ...

Brookfield's Tea Rooms, Stafford,

Brookfield's Department Store was on Market Square. The building is now occupied by a bank. In 1743 George Boulton, a draper, opened a shop on Market Square. By the 1860s the shop was known as Brookfield ...

Burslem Liberal Club, Market Place, Burslem

The red brick and terracotta front of the Liberal Club building on Market Place in Burslem. There were stained glass windows on the first floor hall and there is a mosaic with the words "Liberal Club" ...

Burton Parish Church

Interior of St. Modwen's Church, looking up the aisle towards the altar and the stained glass windows in the bow front.

Camm stained glass studio, Smethwick

Thomas William Camm (born 1839, West Bromwich) set up a stained glass business with his two brothers in Brewery Street, Smethwick in 1866. He had previously worked for Chance Brothers & Co. in Smethwick ...

Caroline Street Congregational Church, Longton. Photographed by William Blake.

Church interior taken at the Congregational Church, Caroline Street, Longton, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. It was also known as the Independent Chapel and was built in 1819.

Chapel Interior, Alton Towers

The Chapel was designed by Thomas Fradgley and Joseph Potter and completed by 1833, but the interior was remodelled or completed by A.W.N. Pugin after 1839. Alton Towers was the home of the Talbot ...

Checkley Church From East End. Photographed by William Blake.

Church interior with a view taken from the East End of St. Mary & All Saints Church, Church Lane, Checkley, Staffordshire.

Checkley Church, East Window. Photographed by William Blake.

Church interior with a view of the East Window, St. Mary & All Saints Church, Church Lane, Checkley, Staffordshire.

Checkley Church, The Foljambe Tomb. Photographed by William Blake.

Church interior with a view of the Foljambe Tomb, dedicated to Godfrey and Margaret Foljambe and dated 1563, at St. Mary & All Saints Church, Church Lane, Checkley, Staffordshire.

Checkley Church. Photographed by William Blake.

Church interior taken at St. Mary & All Saints Church, Church Lane, Checkley, Staffordshire.

Church Interior

This photograph shows the interior of a church. Unfortunately the identity of the church is unknown to us. If you have any information please contact us through our feedback form.

Church of the Holy Angels, Hoar Cross

View from the nave, looking towards the chancel and the altar. The church was built between 1872-1876 in the Decorated style. The architect, G.F. Bodley, was also responsible for most of the furnishings ...

Church of the Holy Angels, Hoar Cross

The church was built between 1872-1876 in the Decorated style. The architect, G.F. Bodley, was also responsible for most of the furnishings including the reredoses, screens, front cover and marble flooring. ...

Church of the Holy Angels, Hoar Cross

The ornately carved organ screen and black and white marble floor were designed by G.F. Bodley, the architect of the church. The church was built between 1872-1876 in the Decorated style. The architect, ...