Theme Explorer

Page 2 of 24 419 Records Found

Bank Street, Heath Hayes

A view of Bank Street, Heath Hayes with what are now numbers 77, 79 and 81 Bank Street on the right. The houses are now rendered in white, but the doors and windows of the two left-hand buildings can ...

Barlaston Hall

Barlaston Hall stands on a hill, overlooking the Trent Valley. It was built in 1756 for Thomas Mills, an attorney from Leek. The design is attributed to Sir Robert Taylor. In 1774 Barlaston Hall featured ...

Barlaston Railway Station,

Bath Street, Stoke upon Trent

From Spark Terrace corner Bath Street runs steeply down to London Road. The van with the Michelin Man on the roof is parked outside the original Stoke Library building. The factory building at the bottom ...

Beaudesert Hall

This view of Beaudesert Hall shows the new south wing on the right, which included a large dining room with two open fireplaces, a flower room and on the upper floors were several bedrooms, bathrooms ...

Beaudesert Hall

A postcard of the south-east view of Beaudesert Hall, near Gentleshaw, residence of the Marquis of Anglesey. The building dated from the 15th century with later alterations. The walled garden is on the ...

Bebbington's Tea Wrapper, Stafford

Bebbington's grocers had premises on Foregate Street and Lichfield Road. The illustration on this Tea Wrapper depicts the Foregate Street shop.

Belgrave Road, Dresden. Photographed by William Blake.

Street scene with a group of children and cyclists. Taken at Belgrave Road, Dresden, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. This is one of many street scenes in the Blake Collection. Most of them were taken ...

Birch Lane, Brereton, Rugeley

Birch Lane is in Brereton which at this time was more distinctly separated from Rugeley. Earlier council houses are on the left (built between the Wars) with newer ones on the right dating from the 1950s....

Bird's Eye View of Eastgate Street, Stafford,

This photograph was taken from the top of the 7 storey building on Tipping Street owned by Staffordshire County Council. The building was in use by the Local Taxation & Licences Department and was later ...

Bishton Hall

Bishton Hall was built by John Sparrow, a banker, in the 1770s. When he died his daughter, Charlotte, added the two bowed blocks on either side of the main entrance. The hall became the home of a Roman ...

Bishton Hall, Colwich,

Bishton Hall was built by John Sparrow, a banker, in the late eighteenth century. When he died his daughter, Charlotte, added the two bowed blocks on either side of the main entrance. The hall is ...

Blithfield Hall

The entrance drive and south front of Blithfield Hall, with the stable block to the right. Blithfield Hall, the home of the Bagot family since 1367, is a medieval house with later additions. The house ...

Blithfield Hall and Orangery

A view of the north front of Blithfield Hall (to the right), with the Orangery to the left. The late 18th century Orangery was designed by James 'Athenian' Stuart. Blithfield Hall, the home of the ...

Bluebell Oven.

Pottery factory exterior with a view of the Bluebell Oven and derelict works on Barker Street, Longton, Stoke-on-Trent. Taken from the Gladstone Pottery Museum Photographic Collection. This photograph ...

Boltons Copper Works, Frog Hall, Kingsley

Thomas Bolton & Sons set up a copper works at nearby Oakamoor in 1852-3. By 1890 there was no more room for expansion at Oakamoor so they began building at Froghall. Major extensions followed in the 1930s, ...

Book Illustration entitled "View of The Potteries." Photographed by William Blake c. 1900-1940

Photograph of a book illustration entitled "View of the Potteries." This image is used elsewhere in the collection for a presentation by Blake entitled “Staffordshire Pottery.” A small folder containing ...

Bread queue in Market Square, Stafford

A queue outside the Guild Hall, Stafford, during World War I, waiting for bread tickets. This photograph shows Averil's chemists shop, Boots' chemists , Astons and Sons Ltd Furniture shop and the Guildhall. This ...