Theme Explorer

Start Again > War & Armed Forces > Military Hospitals & Casualties
Page 2 of 3 44 Records Found

Military Hospital, Newcastle-under-Lyme

Block B of the Military Hospital on Newcastle Road, Newcastle-under-Lyme pictured during the First World War. The building has since been demolished. During the First World War Stoke-upon-Trent Union ...

Military Hospital, Shugborough Park,

The 312th Station Hospital on Shugborough Park was built during 1943 for the use of the United States Army during the Second World War. The thousand bed hospital had over 500 medical officers, medical ...

Ministry Hospital, Cannock Chase

The Ministry of Pensions Hospital at Brindley Heath on Cannock Chase. The Military Hospital was built in 1916 to serve both Brocton and Rugeley army training camps. The hospital had twelve wards with ...

Ministry of Pensions Hospital, Brindley Heath, Cannock Chase

This postcard is post-World War 1 as the Hospital has changed its name to Ministry of Pensions Hospital. It was reportedly capable of housing 1000 patients and had 12 Wards in the main building. As you ...

Ministry of Pensions Hospital, Brindley Heath, Cannock Chase

The Ministry of Pensions was concerned specifically with the accommodation of military pensioners of the two World Wars and from pre-1914 conflicts in hospitals and other institutions in the United Kingdom ...

Newcastle Union War Hosptial, Newcastle

Patients and staff are pictured here posing for their photoraphs in a ward of the Newcastle Union War Hospital during World War 1. It later became the City General Hospital.

Nurse Millicent Sutherland

Photograph of Millicent signed Millicent Hawes, Millicent Sutherland Ambulance 1914- 1918, the Great War. Millicent Fanny St. Clair Erskine was born in 1867 in Fife. In 1884 she married Cromartie ...

Nurses and convalescing soldiers, Ravenhill House, Brereton

A group of convalescing military personnel photographed with nurses and civilians during World War I against the south-facing window of Ravenhill House adjacent to the garden. The house was used as a ...

Nurses, Northern General Hospital, Sheffield

In the middle of the back row is Nurse Jessie Elizabeth Price. Jessie was born at Lichfield Lodges, Shugborough on 15 July 1876. Her father Joseph was a Waggoner on the estate. She trained as a nurse ...

Party for wounded soldiers at St. John's Methodist Church, Hednesford

The soldiers are local men from St. Matthews (a military hospital) in Burntwood. St. John's has since been re-named Trinity Methodist Church.

Queen Mary's Army Ambulance Corps pictured at Whittington Barracks

During the First World War there was a miliatary hospital in the Barracks.

Raven Hill Auxiliary Hospital Staff Party at Park House, Rugeley

This photograph includes: Miss Lambert, Col. Wetherall, Mr. W.S. Rogers, Miss Hattersley (cook), Mrs Rogers, Miss L. Lees, Mrs Rawlins, Miss R. Borne, Miss E. Tait, Mrs Darcy, Mildred Hulme & sister, ...

Ravenhill House, Brereton

he house had been briefly unoccupied when, in March 1915, the War Office intimated that Lady Zouche had offered the house as a V.A.D (Voluntary Aid Detached) Hospital to be operated by the Red Cross for ...

Red Cross fundraising, World War 1

This photograph is listed in our photographic archive as showing a group of young ladies collecting for 'Hospital Saturday' during World War 1. Hospital Saturday raised funds for local hospitals in ...

Sidney Gee, 1/5th Battalion South Staffs Regiment

Sidney Gee wearing 'Hospital Blues' after recovering from serious chest wounds caused by shrapnel in 1916. He was treated at Whalley Hospital near Manchester and discharged from the Army on 1 February ...

Sister Jessie Price with wounded soldiers, Sheffield

Jessie was born at Lichfield Lodges, Shugborough on 15 July 1876. Her father Joseph was a Waggoner on the estate. She trained as a nurse in Lancashire and was working as a Probation Nurse at Salford ...

Sister's Quarters, Pensions Hospital, Cannock Chase

The Ministry of Pensions Hospital at Brindley Heath on Cannock Chase. The Military Hospital was built in 1916 to serve both Brocton and Rugeley army training camps. The hospital had twelve wards with ...

St. Joseph's Hall, Stone

St. Joseph's Roman Catholic Hall stands on Station Road. In January 1915 it was taken over by the Stone Branch of the Red Cross as a convalescent hospital for servicemen from other war hospitals. A ...