Theme Explorer

Page 2 of 80 1435 Records Found

Alstonefield village green

Behind the tree in the centre of the photograph is the 16th century George Inn. The woman in the photograph is Mrs Askey - children brought eggs to her for the egg market. She is speaking to Mr Joe ...

Alton Towers, Novelty Postcard

This 'Moving Pictures' novelty postcard contains several views of Alton Towers, one of which, the "T" Room, is shown in the inset viewer on the left. The “T” Room forms part of a series of views that ...

Amington colliery, Tamworth

Amington pit miners next to the railway with, fourth from left, Master Walter Oliver Perry, who was only 12 to 14 years old at the time this photograph was taken.

An in-seam roadway, Lea Hall Colliery, Rugeley

A coal miner standing in the Deep-Seam roadway. The endless-road haulage can be seen between and adjacent to the rails. Water and fire-fighting pipes are slung from the supports at the side and the power ...

Annual dinner, English Electric Co., Stafford

Pictured are employees with long service attending a dinner in the old Association Hall, at Stychfields on the Lichfield Road site. This image is the second of two views of this dinner, taken at 8.25pm, ...

Annual dinner, English Electric Co., Stafford

Pictured are employees with long service attending a Dinner in the old Association Hall, at Stychfields on the Lichfield Road Site. This image is the first of two views of this Dinner with the second ...

Annual Dinner, Stafford Rugby Club

Officials and guests are pictured at the annual dinner of the Stafford Rugby Club, held at Jenkinson’s Café, Stafford. Seated left to right are: Mr Gwynn Bayliss, Mr W J N Somers (Chairman of the ...

Annual Exhibition, Stafford Photographic Society, Stafford

Mr N E Veale, of Manor Rise, Walton, Stone tells the Mayor of Stafford, Alderman C E Fowke, himself an expert photographer, how he took “A Winter’s Day”, the print which gained him the silver medal for ...

Annual Inspection at RAF Stafford

Air Vice-Marshal Lowe during his annual inspection of the station. In this photograph he is visiting the Mechanical Recording Section. During the 1960s computerisation of the stores procedures became ...

Annual Inspection at RAF Stafford

Pictured are Air Vice Marshal Lowe, Wing Commander Bewley, Mr Moaks, Mrs Fell and Miss Dean during the 1960 Annual Inspection. RAF Stafford was formed 1 December 1939 following the purchase by the ...

Antoine Albena Mountsoy, Armitage

Studio portrait of Antoine Albena Mountsoy, wearing a straw hat and holding a walking stick and bag. Antoine was born in Bordeaux in 1787, and he died in Armitage in 1896 aged 109. This image is taken ...

ANZAC Soldiers at Brocton Camp, Cannock Chase

ANZAC was the abbreviation for the Australian & New Zealand Army Corps and was formed early in the conflict of the Great War answering the British Empire's call to arms. The Expeditionary Force originally ...

Armistice Day 1918, King Street, Talke Pits

Standing from left to right are Mr James Lewis, Mr William Lewis, Mr David Taylor, Jack Davis, and Miss Nellie Lewis. Joseph or Richard Kennedy is pictured sitting on the floor on the left, with William ...

Armistice Day Ceremony, Cannock Chase

Leonora, Countess of Lichfield, and Patrick, 5th Earl of Lichfield laying a wreath at the annual Remembrance Day Serice at the Commonwealth War Cemetary on Cannock.

Armistice Day Ceremony, Cannock Chase

The Reverend is leading the Day Service at the Commonwealth War Cemetery on Cannock Chase. Facing him are Leonora, Cointess of Lichfield; PatrickEarl of Lichfield; and Capt. Philip Whitehouse.

Armistice Day Ceremony, Cannock Chase

A group of ex-servicemen and dignitaries waiting to lay their poppy wreaths at the Remembrance Day Service at the Commonwealth War Cemetery at Broadhurst Green, Cannock Chase. In the centre, holding ...

Armistice Sunday Parade, Eccleshall

The parade passing through the lychgate at Holy trinity church, Eccleshall on Armistice Sunday. In the background is the war memorial.

Armitage School

A view of Armitage School at the junction of Rugeley Road and Church Lane. It became the home of Armitage Youth Centre around 1975. The hall is also used by other community groups. The school was replaced ...