Theme Explorer

Page 2 of 40 705 Records Found

Bagnall's locomotive works, Stafford

Photograph of steam locomotive 'Dempster' No 1858. It was built in 1908 by Bagnall's for the Elder Dempster shipping line. Charles Pearson is fourth from the left and due to the similar family features ...

Baker's Token

An undated copper farthing token. It is not known who issued this token. Obverse: 'HOT ROLES EVERY MORNING FROM 8 TILL 9'. Reverse: 'PRAISE GOD FOR ALL'. Wheat sheaf, peel and malkin. A peel is used ...

Barlow's narrow boat, Glascote, Tamworth

On the Wharf at S. E. Barlow's Anchor Docks from left to right are, Mr Herbert Florendine, Mr Andrew Penny (foreman), and Mr S. E. Barlow. The gentleman in the boat, the Long Moll, on the far left is ...

Barrel Store at Joule's Brewery Cooperage Yard, Stone

Casks at the cooperage yard, Newcastle Street, Stone, now the Crown and Anchor car park. Francis Joule came into possession of the White House Inn and brewhouse at Stone in 1758. Nine years later he ...

Barton Under Needwood village view

A view of the Main Street in Barton under Needwood, with Prior and Sons' cabinet makers and upholsterers shop to the left. A postcard view by Ernest Abrahams of Burton upon Trent.

Bass Cooperage, Burton upon Trent

Lantern slide of coopers with casks at Bass Middle Yard cooperage. Burton upon Trent. Copyright: Burton Library

Bass Coppersmiths' Shop, Bass Brewery, Burton-on-Trent

Bass Coppersmiths at work. First on the left is Dick Smith filing tail pipes, second left (seated), Stan Roberts, who later became the foreman, the man behind Stan is unknown. Third from left, "Twist" ...

Bass Tailoring and Clogging Department, Burton-on-Trent

The old tailoring and clogging department building now houses the Bass Museum Library and Education Department.

Bemersley Road, Ball Green, Stoke-on-Trent

The camera is facing north along Bemersley Road from the end of Knypersley Road. This are is known as Cornhill, a name plate is just visible below the street sign on the wall of the shop to the right. ...

Bernard Salt, Fole

Bernard Salt pictured at the timber yard workshop, Fole Bank, near Uttoxeter.

Besom maker, Cannock Chase

Photographed by B. Karleese somewhere on Cannock Chase, this besom maker is splitting willow or ash to make the binding needed to tie the birch twigs (which make up the head of the besom) to an ash handle....

Bill Head, A.L. Brown & Son, Newcastle-under-Lyme

Illustrated Bill head from A.L. Brown and Son, wholesale grocers, Albion Mill, Marsh Parade, Newcastle-under-Lyme. It is for goods purchased for the executors of the Duke of Sutherland's estates at Trentham ...

Bill Head, Albert Scott, Newcastle-under-Lyme

Illustrated Bill head from Albert Scott, Harness and Saddlery Establishment, Market Place, Newcastle-under-Lyme, for goods purchased by the Duke of Sutherland in December 1912. From the Sutherland papers, ...

Bill Head, George Taylor & Sons, Newcastle-under-Lyme

Illustrated bill head from George Taylor and Sons, plumbers and decorators, 8,9 and 15 Marsh Street, Newcastle-under-Lyme, including an image of the shop. The bill is for work undertaken for the Duke ...

Bilton's Pottery, Foden Street, Stoke-on-Trent

A view of the side of Bilton's Pottery in Foden Street, Boothen, Stoke-on-Trent. The photographer (Bert Bentley) captioned the photo "Potters at lunch break". Are there cricketers in their whites? The ...

Bird's watchmaker's and jeweller's shop, Brownhills

The exterior of F.R. Bird's watchmaker's and jeweller's shop at 117 High Street, Brownhills, near Walsall. Established in 1921 the shop closed in 1962.

Bird's watchmaker's and jeweller's shop, Brownhills

The exterior of F.R. Bird's watchmaker's and jeweller's shop at Annesley House, 117 High Street, Brownhills, near Walsall. Established in 1921 the shop closed in 1962.

Biscuit Brush.

Biscuit brush with a wooden handle and long bristles. Used in pottery making to brush biscuit holloware in preparation for dipping. The tool was used at Used at Barker Brothers, Longton, Stoke-on-Trent. It ...