Theme Explorer

Start Again > Business, Trade & Industry > Gas, Elecricity & Water
Page 2 of 13 222 Records Found

Cliff Vale Engineering works, Shelton New Road, Stoke-on-Trent

Cliff Vale Engineering was on Shelton New Road. Behind the works is a cooling tower and gas holder belonging to Etruria gasworks. The site today is occupied by a timber merchant.

Coburg Street, Fenton

The camera is looking northwards from the corner of Alfred Street along Coburg Street. Alfred Street runs off Victoria Road, but Coburg Street has been redeveloped and Hayfield Crescent now follows its ...

Construction of Rugeley 'A' Power Station

A photograph showing the construction of Rugeley 'A' Power Station and Lea Hall colliery. The chimney and half clad boiler house are the power station and the lower concrete buildings behind the cottage ...

Construction of the Waterworks, Milford,

The waterworks pumping station was built at Milford in 1890. The reservoirs situated on the top of the Satnall Hills supplied water to Stafford and its surrounding districts.

Cresswell Pumping Station, Draycott-in-the-Moors

Cresswell Pumping Station was built between 1927 and 1932 by the Staffordshire Potteries Waterworks . It was officially opened in July 1932 and contained a pair of steam engines which were amongst the ...

Cresswell Pumping Station, Draycott-in-the-Moors

Cresswell Pumping Station was built between 1927 and 1932 by the Staffordshire Potteries water Board . It was officially opened in July 1932 and contained a pair of steam engines which were amongst the ...

Demolition of St Leonards Works, Stafford

A view of St Leonard’s Works, Stafford during demolition. St Leonard’s Works in Stafford was originally built in the 1960s during English Electric’s ownership. The site became part of GEC (The General ...

Demolition of the GE (General Electric) Main Works, Stafford

This view looks south-east towards Queensville and shows demolition work in progress at the former GE (General Electric) Main Works site on Lichfield Road, Stafford. At the time this picture was taken ...

Drawing Office, Siemen's Brothers Engineering Works, Stafford,

Around the turn of the 20th Century, following their move from Woolwich to Stafford, the newly recruited labour force of Siemens Brothers began to produce electrical rotating plant, transformers and switchgear ...

Eagle Inn, Stafford,

The Eagle Inn at 15 Newport Road. The Eagle Inn closed 7th March 1999. The Grade II listed Eagle Inn was renovated in 2009-2010 by Midland Heart and has now been incorporated into Eagle House, which ...

East Street in Goldenhill, Stoke-on-Trent

The gas lamp cleaner in East Street. East street with its neighbours Central Street and West Street were three streets between present day Albany Street and Gilbert Street in Goldenhill. The terraced ...

Egg and Spoon Race, Siemen's Sports Day, Stafford,

In August 1906 the first Stafford Sports Day was organised by Siemen's Social and Athletics Association, to raise funds for the society to take over part of Hough House as a 'Club House for recreation, ...

Electric Generators, Lotus Shoe Factory, Stafford,

Generators manufactured by English Electric Co. which powered the Lotus shoe factory on Sandon Road. The Sandon Road factory was demolished in 1998. English Electric was formerly Siemens Bros., who ...

Electricity Exhibition, Assembly rooms, Tamworth

The machine being demonstrated here is the Braiding Machine, presumably then in use at the Hamel Mill. Fourth from the left is Mr W. Wright, Mill Manager of Hamel's Mill, with Miss Dorothy May Wright ...

Electricity showrooms, Church Street, Tamworth

The angular design of this building indicates that it was built in the Art Deco style, a very popular style in the 1920s-1930s. The building was built as an Electricity showrooms and was known as TADESCO ...

Electricity sub-station at Wilnecote, Tamworth

Tamworth 132kV Electricity Sub-Station under construction at Wilnecote. A Charles Creighton crane is lifting pipework . The signs on the transformer read: 'Yorkshire Electric Transformer Co. Ltd. Dewsbury.' ...

Electricity van, Eccleshall area

Pictured is Harry Skerratt, who worked for the North West Midlands Joint Electricity Authority during the Second World War. As an electrical engineer, his was an essential occupation during the war. ...

Electricity Wiring and Generating Plant, Stafford,

Interior view of the electrical wiring and generation plant which opened on Bull Hill in 1895. Note the Electrical Engineer John Somerville Highfield on the left and manual worker on the right.