Theme Explorer

Start Again > Business, Trade & Industry > Garages & Petrol Stations
Page 2 of 10 167 Records Found

Bode's Garage, Buxton Road, Leek

Ferdinand Bode began making and repairing bicycles in the 1910s. Later, some general engineering work was undertaken for local textile firms and the company introduced several innovative technical improvements ...

Boughey Road, Stoke-on-Trent

A very quiet scene, a lot different to today. Boughey Road heads off towards Hanley Park and Park Avenue in the distance. Notice the Michelin Man sign on the garage wall. At this time the Michelin factory ...

Bradbury & Brown car sales, garage and filling station, Rugeley

Bradbury & Browns garage on Armitage Road, Rugeley. In the foreground is the used car lot with the Ford car sales and repair building beyond. Selling Esso petrol, it would later also sell Skodas from ...

British Anchor Pottery, Longton

The rear of the Anchor Pottery seen from near Longton Police Station, just a little way east of Longton Station. At least one of the two bottle ovens was still in use. The Stoke to Derby railway line ...

Brook House, Eccleshall Road, Stafford,

Brook House, next to Lloyds Garage, on Eccleshall Road. Brook House was leased by Mrs S. Lloyd to Staffordshire County Council until 1955. At various times the County Council used it to house the ...

Browse Antiques Shop, Lichfield Road, Stafford

Pictured is Browse antiques shop which stood opposite Green Hall on Lichfield Road, Stafford. Previously the building was occupied by Giles' paint and wallpaper shop, with a section that sold glass. In ...

Burgess Motors, Friars Terrace, Stafford

This photograph of Burgess Motors showroom on Friars Terrace was taken by Stafford photographer Tony Boydon. Frederick H. Burgess also had an Agricultural Engineers and Ironmongers shop with offices ...

Bus Depot, Hixon,

Old bus garage on Stowe Lane.

Bus outside Wellington Road Garage, Hanley

This photograph shows the Hill family brothers (including the image donor's great-grandfather Sam Hill and grandfather Reg Hill), sons and some of their employees outside the garage on the corner of Wellington ...

Cannock Chase Laundry staff and van

Photograph of Cannock Chase Laundry staff and delivery van, possibly delivering to one of the Great War Army training camps on Cannock Chase, Staffordshire.

Cannock Chase Laundry staff and van

Photograph of Cannock Chase Laundry staff and a delivery van outside Cannock Chase Motor Co. Ltd. garage, Cannock.

Canvassing during a General Election, Eccleshall

Major Hugh Fraser, Conservative candidate, successfully contested the Stafford Constituency in the 1951 General Election. He is seen standing by the driver on a carriage outside the Royal Oak on High ...

Canvassing during a General Election, Eccleshall

Major Hugh Fraser, Conservative candidate, successfully contested the Stafford Constituency in the 1951 General Election. He is seen standing on High Street with Mrs Swanston (left) and Mrs Carter ...

Carnival Float, Carter Street , Uttoxeter

Carnival Float belonging to Atkey's Garage outside their premises in Carter Street, taken before 1927 and before the new garage was built.

Cars on Smithfield Road, Uttoxeter

Cars drive along Smithfield Road by the Jet petrol station. There is a mini ( august 1959) behind the dual tone BMC van . The Vauxhall PA Cresta / Velox has a single piece rear windscreen (august ...

Chauffeur and car in the Garage, Shugborough

George Rose in his uniform, standing next to Lady Lichfield's Rover 75 and the Shugborough estate delivery van. He was Head Chauffeur to the Earl of Lichfield between about 1920 and 1931, and again from ...

Claremonte Garage, Stafford Road, Eccleshall

This picture shows the former Colclough and Edwards', Claremonte Garage on Stafford Road just outside Eccleshall. There is an advertising sign for Cleveland petrol and petrol pumps. On the left of the ...

Clark's Garage, Stafford,

Charles Clark's main garage was in Gaol Square, but this garage is on Foregate Street. One of Staffords gasometers can be seen on the left.