Theme Explorer

Start Again > Business, Trade & Industry > Agriculture & Countryside
Page 2 of 7 110 Records Found

Bill Hart and his Sheep Dog 'Rags', Eccleshall,

Bill of sale, Frederick H. Burgess, Stafford

A Frederick H. Burgess bill of sale, Green Bridge Works, Stafford. It itemises the supply of Albion mower poles, etc. to Mr Lockley. Frederick H. Burgess founded his ironmongers and agricultural ...

Bill, Woodroffe & Co., Rugeley

Bill of sale for Cap for C. cutter pattern purchased from Woodroffe & Co's Albion Works, Rugeley by F.H. Burgess of Eccleshall. Woodroffe & Co were agricultural engineers. Frederick H. Burgess founded ...

Blacksmith at Work, Eccleshall,

Possibly Fletcher's Smithy. The Fletcher family also had smithies at Walton-on-the-Hill and Hyde Lea. Their descendants now run Fletcher's Garden Centre in Eccleshall.

Blacksmith, Stone,

Mr Salmon, blacksmith at Stonefield Forge.

Blacksmith, Stone,

Mr Salmon, blacksmith at Stonefield Forge.

Blacksmiths at the County Show, Stone

Blacksmiths and officials at Staffordshire Agricultural Society's County Show in Stone. The society held its first show in Stone in 1844. Standing first from right, wearing a trilby is Eric Hammersley, ...

Brookfield Mill Workers, Stafford,

Mill workers from Brookfield's corn mill, possibly at a trade or agricultural show. Brookfield's produced animal feed. The mill was situated in Tenterbanks, Stafford, and was demolished in 1957.

Burgess' Engineers, Stafford,

Burgess' Agricultural and Horticultural Engineers on Bridge Street. The building was badly damaged by a fire in 1962. Allied Carpets and then a bar later occupied the site.

Burgess' ironmonger's shop, Stafford Street, Eccleshall

F.H. Burgess's first shop in Eccleshall, which opened in 1900 on Stafford Street. Mr G. Burgess and Dolly Neville are standing in the doorway. Frederick H. Burgess founded his ironmongers and agricultural ...

Burgess Motors, Friars Terrace, Stafford

This photograph of Burgess Motors showroom on Friars Terrace was taken by Stafford photographer Tony Boydon. Frederick H. Burgess also had an Agricultural Engineers and Ironmongers shop with offices ...

Burgess, agricultural engineers, Eccleshall

Burgess's Eccleshall branch, built 1968-1969, Stafford Street. It was demolished in 2006 and replaced by the Co-op Supermarket. Burgess's were dealers in agricultural and garden equipment and machinery. Frederick ...

Burgess, agricultural engineers, Eccleshall

A name plate from an agricultural implement or machine supplied by Burgess Agricultural Engineers Ltd. from their showroom in Eccleshall. Frederick H. Burgess founded his ironmongers and agricultural ...

Butter Making Competition, Knightley,

Butter making competition at Gorse Farm. Mr and Mrs George Watson, who lived at the farm, are seated in the centre with their daughter May.

Cauliflower Harvest, Pinfold Farm, Lichfield

This photograph shows a cauliflower harvest, using the Gallimores' farm cart. William Gallimore was a market garderner and had fields on his farm on the Stafford Road, Lichfield. He was born in 1860 and ...

Certificate of fitness, Wychnor

A certificate of fitness to work for George Osborne, labourer of Burton upon Trent. Signed at Wychnor on 30 August 1810. Copyright: Burton Library. Lantern slide

Coton Hill Farm, Coton, Milwich,

Coton Hill Farm, Milwich,

Bertram Thomas Ball with his housekeeper Miss Cecelia Williams in the garden of Coton Hill Farm.