Theme Explorer

Start Again > Buildings, Architecture, Monuments > Wrought & Cast Iron Work
Page 2 of 12 213 Records Found

Bourne Chapel, Longton. Photographed by William Blake.

Church exterior taken at Bourne Chapel, Longton, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.

Bourne Cottage, Clough Hall, Kidsgrove

Clough Hall was built by Jon Gilbert in around 1800 and was demolished in about 1927. Between 1817 and 1874 Clough Hall was the home of the Kinnersly family, bankers and iron merchants in Newcastle-under-Lyme. ...

Bowling Green Screen, Chillington Hall

The brick and stone bowling green screen has a pair of niches framing an archway behind which there was once a bowling green. The screen was built around 1724 and restored in 1911. The wrought iron gates ...

Brereton Bible Class

Pictured in front of the old Brereton Vicarage (demolished 1963) is the Rev. Arthur M. Harding's Bible Class of 1909. Rev. Harding was a curate at Brereton from December 1906 to April 1911. Identification ...

Brereton 'Old' Vicarage?

This is the front of a post card written by Mrs Miller, headteacher at St. Michael's School, Brereton expressing Christmas greetings to a Miss Robinson and is thought to have been written between 1920 ...

Broadway Roundabout and Sandon Road, Meir. Photographed by William Blake.

Street scene taken at Broadway Roundabout and Sandon Road, Meir, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. This is one of many street scenes in the Blake Collection. Most of them were taken in the Normacot and ...

Buccleuch Road, Longton. Photographed by William Blake.

Street scene taken at Buccleuch Road, Normacot, Nr. Longton, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. This is one of many street scenes in the Blake Collection. Most of them were taken in the Normacot and Dresden ...

Canal scene at Horseley Fields, Wolverhampton

The building on the left is the Union Flour Mill. Situated on the Birmingham Canal Navigations Mainline, the steam-powered mill commenced production in 1813. It was owned by the Wolverhampton Flour ...

Cannock Chase War Cemetery (Commonwealth War Cemetery)

This photograph was taken looking east across the Stafford to Hednesford road to the main entrance gates of the cemetery. This cemetery contains the graves of 24 British and 73 New Zealand dead from ...

Cannock Chase, Rugeley

An unidentified location on Cannock Chase, near Rugeley. The lane is bounded by metal fencing.

Cannock War Memorial

Positioned in front of Cannock's town centre 1902 bandstand, the war memorial was dedicated on May 22nd 1923 and formally handed over the the Town Council the following June. It was originally intended ...

Carlisle Street Gates, Longton Park, Longton. Photographed by William Blake.

View of the Carlisle Street Gates at Longton Park, Longton, Stoke-On-Trent, Staffordshire. The park's official name is Queen's Park and it was officially opened on July 25th 1888 by George Granville ...

Carriage in Heron Street, Rugeley

An ornately framed postcard photo of a Landau carriage drawn by a single horse passing in front of 51, Heron Street, Rugeley. The event and the identity of the passengers is unknown.

Chaplin Road, Longton. Photographed by William Blake.

Street scene taken at Chaplin Road, Longton, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. This is one of many street scenes in the Blake Collection. Most of them were taken in the Normacot and Dresden areas near ...

Chaplin Road, Longton. Photographed by William Blake.

Street scene taken at Chaplin Road, Longton, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. This is one of many street scenes in the Blake Collection. Most of them were taken in the Normacot and Dresden areas near ...

Chaplin Road, Longton. Photographed by William Blake.

Street scene taken at Chaplin Road, Longton, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. This is one of many street scenes in the Blake Collection. Most of them were taken in the Normacot and Dresden areas near ...

Chetwynd House, Stafford,

Chetwynd House prior to its conversion into Stafford's General Post Office in 1914. Chetwynd House was built around 1712-1715 by William Chetwynd, 3rd Viscount Chetwynd (1683?-1770), Member of Parliament ...

Church Croft, Rugeley

Situated on Station Road, Rugeley next to the Old Chancel, the house was once the home of the parents of Dr.William Palmer, "The Rugeley Poisoner". It is now (2019) occupied by Media Resources. The ...