Theme Explorer

Page 2 of 16 272 Records Found

BMX Cycle Track, Etruria Vale road, Stoke-on-Trent

BMX Cycle Track at the back of the houses on Etruria Vale road, on spare ground. (Opposite the canal bridge, and parking for the Jesse Shirley Flint Mill.) "The large gas holder seen in the background ...

Bowling Green, Cannock

The hexagonal stone building is the Conduit, which housed the outlet of the town's water supply, piped from a spring on Rummer Hill. The Cannock Conduit Trust was formed in 1735 to bring fresh drinking ...

Bratch Pump House, Wombourne

Built in 1895 as a pumping station for Bilston Water Works, it was officially opened in 1897 and stands next to the Staffordshire & Worcestershire Canal at the Bratch, near Wombourne. It became redundant ...

Brindley Bank Pump House, Rugeley

Brindley Bank Pump House was opened in 1905 and was built by the South Staffordshire Waterworks Company. It contained a horizontal tandem compound pumping engine made by Hathorn Davey of Leeds in 1903....

British Soda Co. Ltd., Open Pan Salt Works, Stafford, (6)

Pump House, Stafford Common. Brine deposits were discovered under Stafford Common in 1877, during a search for water supplies for the town. In 1893 the Stafford Salt and Alkali Co. was founded on ...

Brizlincote Valley housing development, Burton-upon-Trent

The Brizlincote Valley development with Drakelow C power station in the background. A new parish of Brizlincote was created in 2003 in a response to new housing estates boosting the population in this ...

Broad Eye Windmill and River Sow, Stafford,

Photograph taken from South Street. Broad Eye corn mill was built in 1796 using stones taken from the Old Town Hall (now replaced by the Shire Hall). The miller lived in a house next door. In ...

Broad Eye Windmill, Stafford

The mill dates from the later 18th century and was constructed using stone taken from Stafford's original Shire Hall. At the time the photograph was taken, the building had been recently used as a local ...

Broad Eye, Stafford,

View from Broad Street looking towards Chell Road. This photograph was taken just before these buildings were demolished.

Broad Street Corner, Stafford,

View from Broad Street looking towards Chell Road. This photograph was taken just before these buildings were demolished. Only the Lamb Inn, the white building at the end of the row, still stands. ...

BT Tower, Pye Green, Cannock Chase

The BT Telecommunications Tower (previously known as the Post Office Tower) stands at Pye Green, near Hednesford. This image is taken from a colour glass negative. The Tower is 118.3 metres (388 ft.) ...

Bull Hill, Stafford, (1)

View of Bull Hill looking towards the Chell Road gas works. The garden on the left was at the rear of the Elephant and Castle public house on Gaol Square.

Caldon Canal and Pumping Station, Stockton Brook

The Caldon Canal at Stockton Brook, looking towards Etruria. A working narrow boat is moored alongside the canal towpath in the distance. On the right is Stockton Brook pumping station built for the Staffordshire ...

Caldon Canal and Pumping Station, Stockton Brook

Stockton Brook, looking towards Etruria. A working narrow boat is moored alongside the canal towpath in the distance. On the right is Stockton Brook pumping station built for the Staffordshire Potteries ...

Caldon Canal and waterworks at Stockton Brook

The view north along the Caldon Canal near middle lock at Stockton Brook. To the right is the chimney of Stockton Brook Waterworks. The waterworks were built in 1884 by the Staffordshire Potteries Water ...

Caldon Canal near Pyenest Street, Stoke-on-Trent

Taken from close to the Stoke Road (A5006) bridge, the camera is looking west along the Caldon Canal. In the distance is one of the now demolished gas holders of the Etruria Gas Works on Etruscan Street. ...

Cannock Town - Conduit: sepia drawing

Showing the Conduit, an octagonal building with pyramidal stone roof in roadway near the church. Also showing an old gabled house to the left. 'J. C. Buckler.'

Cannock Town: sepia wash

'View in Cannock,' taken from the road leading to the church, from the west. Showing an early Georgian gabled house, 'the Crown Hotel' (demolished 1962) on the left, the church in the distance, and the ...