Theme Explorer

Page 2 of 46 814 Records Found

Averil's Entry, Stafford,

Averil's Entry runs between Greengate Street and St. Mary's Grove. Originally the passage came out by Averil's chemist shop, a fifteenth century building which was demolished in the 1960s. The Grove ...

Averil's Entry, Stafford,

Averil's Entry, looking towards St. Mary's Grove. Averil's Entry runs between Greengate Street and St. Mary's Grove. Originally the passage came out by Averil's chemist shop, a fifteenth century building ...

Back alley behind Birks Street, Boothen, Stoke-on-trent

This is a view north along the alleyway between Birks Street and Campbell Road. Nicholls Street cuts across the alley at the far end and in the distance is a floodlight pylon on Stoke City's old ground, ...

Balance Street, Uttoxeter

Looking along Balance Street, Uttoxeter, with the Greyhound Inn to the left and St. Mary's Roman Catholic Church further along. Photographer: Gerald McCann of High Street, Uttoxeter.

Bandstand and Bowling Green, Cannock

A very early postcard where the message and picture is on the same side; the address only being on the reverse. This style of postcard became obsolete when divided back cards were introduced in Great ...

Bank Passage, Stafford,

View of Bank Passage from Salter Street, towards the Market Square (through the arch). The sign on the right is for the Popular Cafe.

Barclays Bank, Brook Square, Rugeley

Brook Square, Rugeley with Barclays Bank and Nicholl's and Clarke's decorating supplies shop in the then newly built modern shop units which extend into Brewery Street. Photographer: Peter Rogers, ...

Barlaston Railway Station,

Bass's Cottages, Shobnall Road, Burton-upon-Trent

Bass's Cottages off Shobnall Road, Burton-upon-Trent. 19th century brewery workers' terraced housing. In the background is Bass's Shobnall Maltings. This Image is from a collection of photographs of ...

Bath Street, Stafford

This view from Earl Street, with the former Harris and Son's off-licence on Bath Street corner, was taken by Stafford photographer Tony Boydon. Centre right is the former Police Station and on the right ...

Bath Villas, Mill Street, Cannock

Next to the motorcycle accessory shop on the corner can be seen Bath Villas, built in 1894.

Battle of Britain Parade by RAF Stafford

The Mayor of Stafford, Alderman Mrs Ruth Turney (Mayor in 1946, 1947 and 1948) is pictured on the platform taking the salute from RAF Stafford service personnel as they march past in the Market Square, ...

Battle of Britain Parade by RAF Stafford

Pictured during a Battle of Britain Parade are RAF Stafford personnel marching from Greengate Street into the Market Square, Stafford. Taking the Salute on the platform on the right are Squadron Leader ...

Beacon Street, Lichfield

This postcard view of a quiet scene looks north-west along Beacon Street in Lichfield. Many of the cottages on the left remain (July 2020), however, several of the buildings on the extreme right were ...

Beehive corner, Hednesford

Looking from the rail station road bridge towards Green Heath Road (West Hill). On the left can be seen the Beehive Stores at the time C. J. Taylor was proprietor. Cecil John Taylor had managed the store ...

Bell Inn, Haughton,

The present day entrance is now at the side facing the camera. The lorry stands outside the milk shed.

Bemersley Road, Ball Green, Stoke-on-Trent

The camera is facing north along Bemersley Road from the end of Knypersley Road. This are is known as Cornhill, a name plate is just visible below the street sign on the wall of the shop to the right. ...

Benton Memorial Clock, Market Place, Cannock

This Memorial Clock was donated to the town of Cannock by Henry Benton, a local butcher.