Theme Explorer

More than 2000 results were returned, we've just shown the first 2000. Use the sub themes, where available, to refine your results.
Page 2 of 112 2000 Records Found

Accident at the Mill, Great Haywood

This postcard view shows the fire brigade and local people draining the mill pond by using steam powered fire engines to lower the level of the water. In the foreground men are working Shugborough Hall's ...

Ackers Crossing, near Mow Cop

A group of children adults are standing behind a picketed fence at the crossing keeper's house. Ackers Crossing is on the Stafford to Manchester line. In this photograph is Mr Clare who had one arm, ...

Adams Butter's First Show Trailer, Ball Haye Hall

Fred Adams Snr. bought a small diary farm on Buxton Road in 1870, and his son Fred began making butter there in 1922. The business was ground-breaking, being the first in the country to produce pre-packed ...

Adderley Green Schools. Photographed by William Blake.

View of Adderley Green Schools just off Anchor Road, Adderley Green, Nr. Longton, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.

Adderley Green to Bucknall mineral railway, Bentilee.

This photograph was taken from the Arbourfield Drive bridge over the Adderley Green to Bucknall mineral railway line. The spoil tip in the distance belongs to Mossfield Colliery. The houses on the left ...

Adderley Green to Bucknall railway line, near Brokhouse Green.

Looking northwards along the mineral railway. In the distance are the crossing gates for Fenton Road. The photograph was taken from the bridge over the Causley Brook. On the skyline is Hanley with to ...

Advertisement for Marson's Grocers, High House, Stafford,

Tea wrapper from William Marson's grocery business, established in the High House in 1827. The High House was built on Greengate Street by Richard Dorrington in 1595. The timber was said to have come ...

Advertisement for Nuffield Universal tractors, Burgess's, Stafford

Advertisement for Nuffield Universal tractors supplied by Burgess of the Green, Stafford (and branches at Eccleshall, Wolverhampton, Newcastle, Leek and Lichfield). Burgess's were dealers in agricultural ...

Advertising postcard, Wolseley Bridge

This postcard advertises Martin’s Patent Cultivators and shows a horse-drawn cultivator breaking up stubble. It was produced by Martin's Cultivator Co. of Stamford, Lincolnshire, manufacturers of agricultural ...

Aelfgar School, Rugeley

An aerial view of Aelfgar School in Rugeley. The school closed on 31 August 2011 and later part of the building became the Aelfgar Surgery. Running across the centre of the picture is Taylors Lane and ...

Aerial view of Burton-on-Trent

View of High Street and the surrounding area. Both rail transport links and brewery sites can be clearly seen.

Aerial view of Burton-upon-Trent

An aerial view of Burton-upon-Trent featuring Burton Bridge spanning the River Trent and the Washlands. The town centre is top left of this photograph. This Image is from a collection of photographs ...

Aerial view of Cauldon Low Quarry

A general view of the limestone quarries at Cauldon Low showing railway connections. On the left hand side the railway line from Leekbrook can be seen, leading to the marshaling sidings. Centre left ...

Aerial View of Clayton, Newcastle-under-Lyme

A very different landscape to that of the present. Note the fork in the road to the right of the image - that is the junction between Northwood Lane and Clayton Road, the site of a roundabout today connecting ...

Aerial view of Duncan Hall, Yarnfield

An aerial view Duncan Hall at Yarnfield, looking north east. The General Post Office Engineering Department Central Training School opened in Yarnfield in 1946. It occupied buildings at Howard Hall, ...

Aerial View of Evode Chemical Works Ltd., Stafford

Aerial view of the Common Road site. Spic and Span Shoe Polishes Ltd. was established in Glover Street on 3 June 1932. The company was partly owned by Lotus Ltd., the shoe manufacturers. In 1938 ...

Aerial View of Gas Works, Stone

An aerial view showing the Gas Works and surrounding area. The two gasometers shown here were demolished shortly afterwards, and a new one built closer to Stafford Street. Top right is the Crown Bowling ...

Aerial View of Gas Works, Stone

Close up view of the town Gasworks on Crown Street, Stone. This view shows the new gasometer built in 1937. When War broke out in 1939 the Joule’s Stone Ales advertisement was painted out to try and ...