Theme Explorer

Page 2 of 25 448 Records Found

Art Gallery, Stafford Library & Museum

A view of the refurbished Art Gallery after the Library and Museum extension was added in 1962. This room, on the first floor of the Lichfield Road side of the building, was originally the Library Reference ...

Assembly Rooms, Corporation Street, Tamworth

The Assembly Rooms are seen here with the Volunteer Fire Brigade extending a ladder to the left of the building. The Assembly Rooms were built in the Italian Renaissance style by public subscription to ...

Avon Players Production of 'Not Now Darling', Stafford,

From left to right are Gordon Fradley, Peter Levy, Pat Hackett and Roy Fox. The set was designed by Ian Tavernor.

Avon Players Production of 'Rookery Nook', Stafford,

This production took place at the Borough Hall, 11-14 February 1952. From left to right: ?, Maureen Acton, Gertrude Dunmore, John Goldsmith, George Strachan and Mary Wood.

Avon Players' Triple Bill, Stafford,

Avon Player's Triple bill of one act plays by George Bernard Shaw. In the centre is the cast of 'Press Cuttings', with 'Man of Destiny' to the right and 'Tons of Money' on the left. Second on the ...

Avon Players, "Johnny Belinda", Stafford

R-L: George Strachan, Eric Copeland, actress Josie Bostock.

Ball Green County Secondary Modern School, Stoke-on-Trent

Ball Green Secondary Modern School on Bemersley Road, Ball Green, Stoke-on-Trent. The camera is looking north, with Bemersley Road off to the right hand side. Although the school buildings have been demolished, ...

Bandstand, Trentham Gardens

Baptism, Royal Brine Baths, Stafford

Mrs D Whittaker, one of the oldest members of the Covenant Hall Evangelical Church, St. Patrick’s Street, Stafford, is pictured being baptised by the Rev. Selwyn Homer at the Royal Brine Baths on the ...

Barber's Picture Palace in Hose Street, Tunstall.

Looking along Hose Street towards Roundwell Street with George Barber's cinema on the right hand side. Barber opened the first cinema in the Potteries in Station Road in 1909 and this, "The Regent", in ...

Bath Street, Stoke upon Trent

From Spark Terrace corner Bath Street runs steeply down to London Road. The van with the Michelin Man on the roof is parked outside the original Stoke Library building. The factory building at the bottom ...

Beer Festival, Burton Town Hall, Burton-upon-Trent

A Beer Festival held in Burton Town Hall during the Burton Festival. This Image is from a collection of photographs of Burton upon Trent commissioned and assembled by Burton upon Trent Civic Society ...

Blood donors, Lotus Ltd, Stafford

A new use was found for the sports pavilion at the Stafford factory of Lotus Ltd., which was usually the venue for many social functions. This picture presented an unusual scene when a mobile unit from ...

Blythe Cricket Club Pavilion

Blyth Cricket Club's ground is situated between the Cresswell and Draycott-in-the-Moors. The club joined the North Staffordshire & South Cheshire League in 2006, having previously been members of the ...

Boots the Chemist, Subscription Library, Uttoxeter

An interior view of the Subscription Library which was run by Boots the Chemist at their premises on High Street, Uttoxeter. This library closed in the mid 1950s. From left to right: Cynthia Yates, ...

Borough Cup Presentation, Stafford

A Boulton of the Penkridge football team receives the Borough Cup from Colonel A M L Harrison, Secretary of the Staffordshire Branch of the National Association of Boys Clubs, after the final with Doxey ...

Boxing match, Borough Hall, Stafford

This scene shows drama in the boxing ring, as the referee stopped the contest between M Fellows, of Wolverhampton, and B Davenport, of Tunstall, in the Staffordshire Association of Boys' Clubs Boxing ...

Boy's Library, Denstone College

The Boy's Library opened in 1881. In 1899 new oak bookcases were installed and the contents organised by Mr A. A. Armstrong, the Librarian. Denstone College was begun in 1868 and opened in 1873 as ...