Theme Explorer

Page 2 of 67 1198 Records Found

Angel Hotel, Brewood

The corner of the Angel Hotel was demolished in 1935, the remainder of the building being turned in to the Jubilee Hall. A copy of this photograph is held at Staffordshire Arts and Museum Service.

Angel Inn, Stafford,

The Angel Inn beerhouse in Grey Friars.

Apedale road, Chesterton

This postcard shows the corner of Audley Road and Apedale Road with the Eagle and Child on the corner. Note the very traditional clothes the children are wearing, of pinafores, straw bonnets, and cloth ...

Armistice Day, Stone

Service and civic parade in front of the War Memorial on Granville Square, Armistice Day. The Stone War Memorial on Granville Square was unveiled on 10 January 1921 by Lord Dartmouth, Lord Lieutenant ...

Armitage Views

This multi-view postcard of Armitage shows scenes of the moorings on the Trent and Mersey canal by the Plum Pudding public house, Lodge Cottage on the Rugeley Road, a flower border by the canal cutting ...

Arthur Myatt with horse and trap, Stone

On Longton Road, looking towards the town. Behind can be seen the Bridge Inn, now Langtry’s, with the Co-op department store and bakery beyond.

Ashbourne Road, Rocester

View of Ashbourne Road, looking towards Church Lane. The yard leading to the Red Lion public house is on the left, next to Dwyer's general store.

Ashbourne Road, Rocester

A view of Ashbourne Road looking towards Church Lane. To the left can be seen the archway into the yard of the Red Lion and Andrew Dyer's general store.

Bagot Street, Abbots Bromley

A view of Bagot Street looking east towards the village centre. On the left is the Bagot Arms public house advertising Ind Coope ales. In the distance to the right is the tower of the parish church ...

Bagot Street, Abbots Bromley

Bagot Street looking rowards the Market Place. On the right is Church House, on the corner of Church Lane and Bagot Street. Church House is a timber-framed building on a brick plinth, built in 1619 as ...

Balance Street, Uttoxeter

Looking along Balance Street, Uttoxeter, with the Greyhound Inn to the left and St. Mary's Roman Catholic Church further along. Photographer: Gerald McCann of High Street, Uttoxeter.

Band member's retirement, Kiddemore Green

Malcolm Simpson was a member of the Stone Town Band. He is pictured (centre) on his retirement from being landlord of the New Inns public house, Kiddemore Green, Brewood.

Band of Hope procession, Market Place, Leek

This picture is thought to show the annual Band of Hope demonstration, which assembled in the Market Place before the start of the procession. The Band of Hope was allied to the Temperance Movement, with ...

Bank House Public House, Hixon,

The Bank House was built on Legge Lane as a small thatched cottage c.1680, but was added to over the years. In the mid-nineteenth century the Bank House brewed its own beer, and the malt cellar still ...

Barley Mow public House, Milford,

In the early twentieth century the Barley Mow was a popular inn with cyclists and day trippers. The building remains little changed today.

Barley Mow Public House, Milford,

In the early twentieth century the Barley Mow was a popular inn with cyclists and day trippers. The building remains little changed today.

Basford Bank, Etruria Road, Basford, Stoke-on-Trent

A postcard of Basford dated 29th September 1905. The photograph was taken from the top of Basford Bank looking down Etruria Road, towards Etruria and Hanley. The Queens Hotel can be seen in the centre ...

Bear Inn, Stafford,

The seventeenth century Bear Inn on Greengate Street was built on the site of the Old Black Bear Inn; it is possible some of the old building was used in the structure of the present. In the eighteenth ...