Theme Explorer

Page 2 of 10 167 Records Found

Bass buildings decorated for George V's Coronation, High Street, Burton-on-Trent

The decorations on the properties include the Town House arch over the alley between the Town House and Bass Offices.

Bird Cage Walk, Hanley

Bird Cage Walk is a narrow alley connecting Broad Street with Clough Street. The Students' Bookshop building is on the corner of Broad Street and Marsh Street in Hanley. Between this and the neighbouring ...

Brewery Offices, High Street, Uttoxeter

Thomas Fradgley designed the offices for the Uttoxeter and Dove Valley Brewery (Buntings). In later years the building was used as an off licence, electricity showroom, and public library, before its ...

Bridge Street from Bailey Street, Stafford

Photograph taken from the roof of what was in the early 1970's Stafford Reprographics Ltd. Printers, in Bailey Street.

Bridge Street, Stafford

Herbert Chatfield occupied the house behind the shops, which were probably owned by his family. Shops include Julia's Bake Shop. The building was demolished shortly afterwards and the building which ...

Brook Street and Stoke on Trent Town Hall

This is a view along Brook Street towards Glebe Street and Stoke Town Hall. The brick building to the right is No 1 Brook Street, a grade II listed building, built in 1867. To the left is the edge of ...

Building site, Lotus Factory, Sandon Road, Stafford

This photograph shows the building of a new office block within the Lotus Factory site.

Burton during the Flood

View of a flooded Horninglow Street showing the Plough Inn on the left, with horse drawn vehicles making their way through the water. On the right, behind the floater are Allsopps Brewery's Municipal ...

Cannock Advertiser offices, Cannock

Cannock Advertiser offices, works and Withington's stationers, printers and booksellers on Market Place, Cannock, Staffordshire. The Cannock Advertiser was founded in June 1878 by Alfred Withington. ...

Cannock Advertiser Offices, High Green, Cannock

Cannock Advertiser offices, works and Withington's stationers, printers and booksellers on Market Place, Cannock, Staffordshire. The Cannock Advertiser was founded in June 1878 by Alfred Withington. ...

Cheapside from the Town Hall, Hanley

Taken from outside the Town Hall, this photograph is looking towards Cheapside. On the left the is the old Gaumont Cinema, previously the Regent and later The Odeon. Closed in 1989, the building is ...

Church Street, Stoke upon Trent

A view north along Church Street at the junction with Campbell Place (to the left). Sutherland Chambers, dated 1899, is the large building, with many chimneys, on the left next to the modern supermarket. ...

City Central Library and Art Gallery & Museum, Bethesda Street, Hanley

This photograph is looking over the foundations of the City Central Library and Archives building towards the Potteries Museum and Art Gallery. This photograph was taken in 1968, before the museum building ...

Computer Operator, Reliant Works, Tamworth

The Reliant Motor Company were early adopters of technology and were using computers as early as 1972. The Reliant Motor Company was formed in 1935 when Mr T.L. Williams decided to build his own ...

Council Offices, Church Street, Cannock

Cannock Urban District Council Offices and depot on Church Street, Cannock. The Urban District Council was established under the Local Government Act of 1894.

Daily Sentinel Office, Crabbery Street, Stafford

The Sentinel had offices in a number of different buildings in Stafford in the first half of the 20th century, including Mill Street, Mill Bank and Water Street. In this view the location of the office ...

Demolition of the GE (General Electric) Main Works, Stafford

This view looks south-east towards Queensville and shows demolition work in progress at the former GE (General Electric) Main Works site on Lichfield Road, Stafford. At the time this picture was taken ...

Design department at Dorman Diesels

Design department at Dorman Diesels factory on Tixall Road. The factory was aquired by Perkins Engine Co Ltd in the 1990's. Founded by William Henry Dorman in 1870 on Foregate Street, Dorman's began ...