Theme Explorer

Page 2 of 46 826 Records Found

A Corridor at Beaudesert Hall

Pictured is one of the corridors at Beaudesert Hall. Beaudesert Hall was the mansion of the Pagets, Marquesses of Anglesey. Its core was medieval, with later alterations. James Wyatt and Joseph Potter ...

Abbey Hulton

Abbey Hulton takes its name from the former Hulton Abbey, which was located about half a mile from Milton, on the east side of the road from Stoke to Leek, next to Carmountside Primary School. In the ...

Abstract of the Title relating to freehold property situated at Church Leigh in the county of Stafford

Accounts Department, Universal Wheel Grinding Co., Stafford,

The Universal Grinding Wheel Co. was established on Doxey Road in 1913. The offices opened on 21st January 1938. By the 1970s the company was the largest manufactory of emery wheels and grindstones ...

Address to the Earl and Countess of Bradford

Address from the tenants of the Walsall estate to the Earl and Countess of Bradford on their golden wedding anniversary, 1894

Aerial view of Bilbrook Manor, Bilbrook

This aerial photograph of Bilbrook Manor was taken from the south (Pendeford, Wolverhampton direction). It displays the extensive plot and gardens which the manor contained. The Twentyman family lived ...

Aerial View of Clayton, Newcastle-under-Lyme

A very different landscape to that of the present. Note the fork in the road to the right of the image - that is the junction between Northwood Lane and Clayton Road, the site of a roundabout today connecting ...

Aerial view of Lancashire Dynamo Electronic Products Ltd's factory site, Brereton

The L.D.E.P. factory was built in 1955 with several subsequent extensions. The two and three storey office block at the top of this image dates from 1961; its top storey housed a conference room and ...

Afternoon tea at The Firs, High Offley

A group of people taking tea in the garden of The Firs farm house. St. Mary's Church is on the opposite side of Shebdon Road. Photographer: Harry Osbourne of Woodseaves.

Agnes Ballance, Stone

Agnes Ballance was born 21 February 1891 in Tixall. She worked as a parlour maid at Shugborough as a teenager. By 1911 she was working as a housemaid for John Arthur Tomlinson, brick and tile manufacturer ...

Alan Landon, Uttoxeter Road, Longton

Alan Landon pictured in the back yard of 1 High St (later Uttoxeter Rd), Longton In front of a wartime Anderson shelter. Behind the shelter is the brickwork of the huge bottle oven of the Park Hall Pottery. ...

Albert Terrace, Stafford

Albert Terrace connects Marston Road and Sandon Road. It is little changed today.

All Saints' Church, Milwich,

The first record of a church on this site is dated c.1140. The tower of the present building dates from the late fifteenth century, although the remainder of the church was rebuilt in the 1790s after ...

Alleyne's Grammar School kitchen, Uttoxeter

Uttoxeter Grammar School was founded in 1558 in the will of Thomas Alleyne, a school teacher. The school was originally a Grammar School for Boys and was on Bridge Street. Having outgrown the original ...

Ancient High House, Stafford,

View of the Ancient High House on Greengate Street, built by Richard Dorrington in 1595. On the right is Brookfield's tailors which until the early twentieth century was occupied by W. Wynne, a bootmaker. In ...

Annual dinner, English Electric Co., Stafford

Pictured are employees with long service attending a dinner in the old Association Hall, at Stychfields on the Lichfield Road site. This image is the second of two views of this dinner, taken at 8.25pm, ...

Annual dinner, English Electric Co., Stafford

Pictured are employees with long service attending a Dinner in the old Association Hall, at Stychfields on the Lichfield Road Site. This image is the first of two views of this Dinner with the second ...

ANZAC Soldiers at Ingestre Hall,

Five soldiers from the New Zealand Rifle Brigade, and a dog, standing in the main entrance of Ingestre Hall. The brigade was one of the last regiments to leave Brocton Camp at the end of the First World ...