Theme Explorer

Page 2 of 16 275 Records Found

Brindley Heath Hospital, Cannock Chase

The caption For this photograph was "Farewell to Matron" and she is beaming as she is waved off by staff and patients along the main driveway in front of the wards. Above the windscreen can be seen one ...

Brindley Heath Hospital, Cannock Chase

The twelve main Wards of the Hospital were connected at the rear by a long corridor that allowed patients and staff to access and exit without having to be exposed to inclement weather. The two soldiers ...

Brindley Heath Hospital, Cannock Chase

An interesting view of part of Brindley Hospital which was also known as Rugeley Camp Hospital even though it served both Camps. The motor vehicle is parked outside the Mortuary Block, the building behind ...

Brindley Heath Hospital, Cannock Chase

This is the main entrance to the Brindley Hospital Site with the admission building half way down the main roadway on the left in between the twelve wards blocks. The sign by the entrance mentions the ...

Brindley Heath Hospital, Cannock Chase

This postcard view looks south from Rugeley Camp towards Brindley Heath Hospital which can be seen on the left amongst the trees. The Hospital was also known as Rugeley Hospital even though it served ...

Brindley Heath Hospital, Cannock Chase

These were the Officers Quarters belonging to the Royal Army Medical Corps stationed at Rugeley Hospital on Cannock Chase. Behind these buildings was the Officers' Mess and Ablutions. These huts were ...

Brindley Heath Hospital, Cannock Chase

This is an inside view of one of the main wards which were roughly the length of three standards huts joined together. At one end was the main corridor that linked all the main wards and principal rooms, ...

Bucknall Hospital, Cliveden Road, Bucknall

The back of some of the ward buildings of Bucknall Isolation Hospital as seen looking south from Cliveden Road. Bucknall Hospital dates from 1886 and was created specifically to treat infectious disease ...

Bucknall Hospital, Eaves Lane, Bucknall

These are the main gates to Bucknall Hospital off Eaves Lane. The hospital stared life as an isolation hospital specifically for smallpox and was originally known as Hanley, Stoke and Fenton Joint Infectious ...

Building Cheddleton Asylum

The asylum at Cheddleton in Staffordshire was built to serve the Pottery towns and the area surrounding Leek. Patients were referred to as "inmates", and anyone from people with a "mild affliction" ...

Burntwood Asylum

Postcard view of the entrance front of Burntwood Asylum, later St. Matthew's Hospital, a name officially adopted in 1948. The hospital was built by the County of Stafford for mentally ill patients ...

Burslem Technical College Annexe, Moorland Road, Burslem

Burslem Technical College was constructed between 1878 and 1900 and was originally Stansfield Hospital. It comprises of seven buildings, blocks A to G. This photogragh shows the rear of blocks D and E. Block ...

Car outside Number 12 Albert Road, Tamworth

Dr McColl with his son Hugh and daughter Helen, outside their house and surgery in the 1920's.

Chapel, Coton Hill Asylum, Stafford,

Coton Hill Asylum was built in the 1850s and opened in 1854. It was originally built as an extension to the County Asylum in order to house private patients. It was to be known as The institution for ...

Cheadle Hospital

Exterior view of the front of the old hospital building.

Cheadle Hospital

Cheddleton Revue, St. Edwards Hospital, Cheddleton

Taking part in this "Twenties" show were: E. Lambert, J.A. Coghill, A.M. Bolger, A.B. Knight, F.P. Archer, S. Kerry (the back row), and K.F. Connelly, B. Williams, N.G. Webb, C.J. Webb, J.L.W. Beck, M. ...

Children's Ward on Christmas Day, Biddulph Grange Orthopaedic Hospital

View of nurses, Mrs Rochelle the Matron and children, some with their Christmas presents on the ward decorated for Christmas. Brian Harland aged 2 1/2 at the time is the little boy in the bus conductor’s ...