Theme Explorer

Page 2 of 14 244 Records Found

Burslem Town Hall

The western end of Burslem's second Town Hall in Market Place. Opened in 1854, this building replaced the first Town Hall and was built on the same site. Behind to the left are PMT buses parked in Market ...

Burslem Town Hall

The eastern end of the old Town Hall in Burslem and, in front, the gardens that were laid out in the 1960s. This part of the old Market Square used to be the site of the Market Hall and after the gardens, ...

Burton-upon-Trent - Town Hall: sepia drawing

Showing the Town Hall, a Georgian building, built in 1771. It lies east to west, showing an upper room on seven arches, standing in front of the old church. Artist: J. Buckler.

Butterfield Place, Tunstall

The photograph is looking west along Butterfield Place towards Tunstall High Street. Butterfield Place was originally known as Amicable Street. On the right is the side and rear of Tunstall Town Hall ...

Cannock Urban District Council Members and Officers, The Council House, High Green, Cannock

On the front row, left to right are: Percy Shaw, Walter Holston, Jack Holston, Marjorie Heath, Bernard Rastall, Len Sharrat (Chairman for that year), Dennis Dixon Snr., Joan Loverock, Ike Jaques, Ernie ...

Cannon Street, Hanley

The camera is looking north east along Cannon Street (now Cannon Place) towards the centre of Hanley. In the centre distance is Hanley town Hall with its steep roofs. The photograph was taken from the ...

Central Hall, Longton. Photographed by William Blake.

The Easter celebration decorations at Central Hall, Longton, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.

Ceremonial group in Regalia, Town Hall, Tamworth

Town Clerk Brian Leek, and Mayor, Mr Marriot, are seen here flanked by the two Mace Bearers, the Mace Bearer on the right being T. Doughty. The photograph was presumably taken in the Town Hall.

Cheadle Fire Brigade

Cheadle Fire Brigade outside the Town Hall, Cheadle. The Town Hall was built in 1894 and also included a library. It was later the home of the Osborne Cinema. Although the facade remains the rear of ...

Christmas tree in the Market Square, Stafford

A night time view of the Market Square in Stafford with a Christmas tree with lights. The Shire Hall is to the left and the railings in the foreground show where steps led down to underground public ...

Civic Procession outside the Guildhall, Bore Street, Lichfield

Construction of the Guildhall, Stafford,

The original Guildhall was built in 1853. It housed the Borough Council, the courts and on the ground floor was a police station. By the 1930s a new police station was needed and one was constructed ...

Convalescent soldiers, Cheadle

A group of soldiers on leave in standing outside Cheadle Town Hall. Most appear to be wearing 'Hospital Blues'. The poster in the archway advertises the Osborne Cinema. The Town Hall was built in ...

County Buildings, Stafford,

The County Buildings opened in Martin Street on 29 October 1895. Previously councillors had used the facilities in the Borough Hall and the Shire Hall. A competition was organised to find an architect, ...

County Council Chamber, Stafford,

The County Buildings opened in Martin Street on 29 October 1895. Previously councillors had used the facilities in the Borough Hall and the Shire Hall. A competition was organised to find an architect, ...

County Council Meeting, Stafford,

The County Buildings opened in Martin Street on 29 October 1895. Previously councillors had used the facilities in the Borough Hall and the Shire Hall. A competition was organised to find an architect, ...

Courtroom, New Guildhall Interior, Stafford

The original Guildhall was built in 1853. It housed the Borough Council, the courts and on the ground floor was a police station. By the 1930s a new police station was needed and one was constructed ...

Courtroom, New Guildhall Interior, Stafford

The original Guildhall was built in 1853. It housed the Borough Council, the courts and on the ground floor was a police station. By the 1930s a new police station was needed and one was constructed ...