Theme Explorer

Start Again > Buildings, Architecture, Monuments > Community, Meeting Centres & Village Halls
Page 2 of 9 157 Records Found

Brocton Village Bazaar

Members of the Youth Club sample some of their home-brewed ginger beer which they sold at Brocton village bazaar on Saturday 7 December in the afternoon. Pictured are, from left to right: Bert Oakland, ...

Broughton Institute, Wetwood

A postcard view of Broughton Institute which later became known as Broughton Parish Room on the Eccleshall Road (B5026) at Wetwood. The building in the background on the left is the former Wetwood Post ...

Building the Memorial Hall Extension, Hixon,

The Memorial Hall was built in 1926 on High Street to commemorate the Hixon men killed in the First World War. Sir Harry Lauder, the Scottish comedian and singer, contributed to the building fund when ...

Calton Village Hall

Building work began on the village school in 1875, but it was not until 20 June 1881 that the first batch of sixteen children aged between 3 and 7 were admitted. The school closed in July 1980 and the ...

Caroline Street Congregational Church, Longton. Photographed by William Blake.

Church interior taken at the Congregational Church, Caroline Street, Longton, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. It was also known as the Independent Chapel and was built in 1819.

Central Hall, Longton. Photographed by William Blake.

The Easter celebration decorations at Central Hall, Longton, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.

Christmas Party, Woodseaves

A Christmas party for local pensioners held at Woodseaves Village Institute.

Church Christmas Bazaar, Milwich

A visitor receives a gift from the Vicar’s wife, Mrs Littleton-Perry, seen on the right alongside the Vicar of Milwich, the Rev. L Littleton-Perry, at the Milwich Church Christmas bazaar on Saturday 7 ...

Church of the Resurrection, Dresden. Photographed by William Blake.

Church exterior with a view of the Church of the Resurrection at Red Bank, Dresden, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. This is one of many street scenes in the Blake Collection. Most of them were taken ...

Codsall Forget-Me-Not Club on fire

Codsall Village Hall

Pat Hughes on the left, unknown center, E.H. Ablitt on the right are standing at the front entrance of the Codsall Village Hall which stands by the playing fields off Wolverhampton Road.

Community Centre, Perton

Perton Community Centre under construction during 1979 on what was to become Church Road. Once completed, it replaced the old Control Tower which had been used as a stopgap community centre since the ...

Copeland Cabin, Kibblestone Camp, Stone,

The Copeland family owned the Kibblestone estate from the mid-nineteenth century. Ronal Copeland started the first Scout Troop in Stone in 1910. In 1921 he became the County Scout Commissioner for North ...

Coronation party, Doxey Institute, Stafford

Coronation party inside Doxey Institute. This party was held for residents of Marsland Road and Bradbury Drive to celebrate the Coronation of Elizabeth II. Doxey Institute stood on The Crescent.

Corporation Street, Tamworth

The Carnegie Library built in 1905 is seen on the left, with the Assembly Rooms on the far right. The tower of St. Editha's can be seen in the background. The Assembly rooms were built by a public subscription ...

Council of Management, Berkswich Parish Hall

Berkswich Parsih Hall Council of Management pictured outside the newly built hall in 1931. Back row: Mr S. Lewis, Miss Tagg, Mr H.F. Sadler, Mrs Cook, Mr W.J. Shepherd, Mr H.J. Clay, Mrs Wilson, Miss ...

Deep Pit from Broom Street, Hanley

Looking northwards from Broom Street towards Shelton Collieries Deep Pit winding gear and spoil tips. The photograph was taken from near the junction with Plough Street. On then left is the site of Broom ...

Demolition of the Municipal Hall, Ironmarket, Newcastle-under-Lyme

The Hall was demolished in 1967 and the present Newcastle Library now occupies the site. The Dance Hall is pictured here during the demolition.