Theme Explorer

More than 2000 results were returned, we've just shown the first 2000. Use the sub themes, where available, to refine your results.
Page 2 of 112 2000 Records Found

A general view of Rugeley

A postcard view of Rugeley. The photograph was taken from the St. Augustine's church tower looking south towards Stile Cop on the horizon. At the right is Anson Street: the small timber-framed building ...

A view of Speedwell Castle

Speedwell Castle was paid for by proceeds won from betting on 'Speedwell', a horse owned by the Duke of Bolton. Speedwell Castle is thought to have been built in around 1750 by William Rock.

Abbots Bromley - Window Glass at Hall Hill: coloured pencil sketch

Coloured pencil sketch from glass panel. Showing the upper part of man on horseback, waving scimitar, [Wulfric Spot]. Showing the Coat of Arms of Burton Abbey in the corner.Anonymous [S. Shaw].[The original ...

Abbots Bromley Horn Dance

The description on the front of this postcard view is ‘Abbots Bromley Horn Dancers Established 400 Hundred Years’. In this scene the Horn Dancers are pictured in Abbots Bromley by the west door of St. ...

Acton Trussell Church

A postcard view of St. James Church which was originally built in 1212. The tower dates from the late 13th century and the small recessed spire was added in 1562. It was enlarged and rebuilt in 1869 under ...

Adderley Green Schools. Photographed by William Blake.

View of Adderley Green Schools just off Anchor Road, Adderley Green, Nr. Longton, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.

Advertisement for Marson's Grocers, High House, Stafford,

Tea wrapper from William Marson's grocery business, established in the High House in 1827. The High House was built on Greengate Street by Richard Dorrington in 1595. The timber was said to have come ...

Aerial View from St. Mary's Church Tower, Stafford

View of the Market Square, which until 1953 was used as a car park. In the centre is the Shire Hall, with the Lloyds Bank building to its left. On the far left is the new Guildhall, constructed ...

Aerial view of Bilbrook Manor, Bilbrook

This aerial photograph of Bilbrook Manor was taken from the south (Pendeford, Wolverhampton direction). It displays the extensive plot and gardens which the manor contained. The Twentyman family lived ...

Aerial view of Coton Hill Asylum, Stafford

Coton Hill Asylum was built in the 1850s and opened in 1854. It was originally built as an extension to the County Asylum in order to house private patients. It was to be known as The institution for ...

Aerial View of Evode Chemical Works Ltd., Stafford

Aerial view of the Common Road site. Spic and Span Shoe Polishes Ltd. was established in Glover Street on 3 June 1932. The company was partly owned by Lotus Ltd., the shoe manufacturers. In 1938 ...

Aerial view of Lancashire Dynamo Electronic Products Ltd's factory site, Brereton

The L.D.E.P. factory was built in 1955 with several subsequent extensions. The two and three storey office block at the top of this image dates from 1961; its top storey housed a conference room and ...

Aerial View of Stafford Castle,

The castle to the south-west of the town was built in the fourteenth century by Ralph de Stafford, on the site of an earlier Norman wooden castle. In December 1643, during the English Civil War (after ...

Agricultural Event, Ingestre Hall,

Ingestre Hall was built by Sir Walter Chetwynd in 1613. By the eighteenth century it had been acquired by the Talbots, who remodelled parts of the hall in the early 1800s. The Talbots became the Earls ...

Agricultural Show, Stone

High Street decorated possibly for Staffordshire Agricultural Society's annual County Show, which was first held at Stone in 1844. On the left are the offices of Joule's brewery. The County Show was held ...

Albert Hall Theatre, Stafford,

The Albert Cinema opened in May 1912 in a former rag and bone warehouse on Crabbery Street. It closed three years later. In 1919 the building was converted into a repertory theatre and remained as ...

Albion Place and Bath Street, Stafford,

View of numbers 1 to 5 Albion Place and 1 Bath Street. These houses were demolished by 1965, and a police social club was erected on the site; this too was demolished by 1984. The corner of the old ...

Albion Place, Stafford,

These houses on Albion Place were demolished by 1965 and a police social club was erected on the site; this too was demolished by 1984.