Theme Explorer

Start Again > Religion & Beliefs > Religious Organisations & Groups
Page 2 of 4 64 Records Found

Church Parade, Rugeley Camp, Cannock Chase

Church Parades were an important part of life within the Camps. Every Sunday or on special occasions there would have been services. Most denominations were catered for by the provision of meeting rooms ...

Convent of the Holy Rosary, Cannock

Opened in 1898 by the Sisters of the Christian Retreat, the Convent later became Lyncroft School in the 1970s and then Chase Academy in 1998, since renamed Chase Grammar School.. The Convent building ...

Crowds preparing for a procession, Market Place, Leek

The occasion is thought to be either a Sunday School or Band of Hope procession.

Dilhorne Methodist Church

Situated in the Godleybrook area of Dilhorne, the Methodist Church was built from private and charitable donations in 1816.

Eccleshall Company of Church Lads' Brigade,

The Church Lads' Brigade with their instruments outside Holy Trinity Church.

Ellenhall and Ranton Parish Magazine

SUNDAY SERVICES.—May, June, July, August: Evensong, 6.15 p.m.. and 7.30 p.m. Etienhall. Ranton. 11 a.m., M. and H.C.; 7.30 p.m., E. 1st Sun., May 2nd. 8.15 a.m., 6.15 p.m., E. 8 a.m., H.C.; 6.15 ...

Fish Pond, Hawkesyard Priory, Armitage

Situated on the hill side above the Hawkesyard Priory, this spring-fed fish pond may have originally have been a carp pool which was used to provide fish for food. It would undoubtedly also have had ...

Gardens, Hawkesyard Priory, Armitage

Gardens viewed from the College, with a white robed Dominican Friar standing in front of the water feature. Two stone urns mark the entrance to flower beds. These features and the landscape were present ...

Great Haywood Church Lads' Brigade,

Five representatives of Great Haywood Lads' Brigade assembled in Hyde Park, London, to meet King Edward VII during his coronation celebrations.

Hawkesyard Priory and College, Armitage

Hawkesyard Priory near Armitage, built to the designs of E. Goldie in 1896-1914, in the Gothic perpendicular style, is on the left. The College, housed in the older Hawkesyard Hall is on the right. The ...

Hot Lane, Burslem

5 Hot Lane, Burslem. Originally this two storey building was built as a public house called The Dog and Partridge. Today its function is that of a scout hut. The ground floor has two large beaded windows ...

Leek Club Day

This picture shows people gathering in the Market Place for the start of Leek Club Day. In the centre is the Market Cross, the Butter Market is second from the right, the Red Lion public house is third ...

Mothers Union religious play, Tamworth

A Mothers Union religious play at Reverend Coxon's vicarage. Reverend Arthur McGreery Coxon was the vicar of St. Editha's Church Tamworth between 1936 and 1949.

Old Theatre Royal in Pall Mall, Hanley

The old Theatre Royal was in Pall Mall. The camera is looking northwest along Pall Mall towards Marsh Street. The large building is the YMCA on the corner of Marsh Street and Clough Street. This became ...

Parish Church Choir, St James the Less Church, Longton

Back row (left to right): Gordon Baynham, Peter Lockett, Brian Hudson, Geoff Parsons, Barry Colclough, Alan Landon, Ray Stokes, unknown, John Ollier. Front row: Ernie Kale, M. Flahertey, John Munns, ...

Programme of Primitive Methodist centenary events, Mow Cop

The front page from the 'Programme of Camp Meetings, Love Feasts, Public Meetings and other Services' held to celebrate the centenary of Primitive Methodism at Mow Cop, 1807-1907.

Refectory, Hawkesyard Priory, Armitage, Staffordshire

The Refectory was the Friars' eating area at Hawkesyard Priory. There are nine long tables and benches on raised flooring, with table cloths laid ready for a meal. Photographer: Alfred McCann, photographer ...

Salvation Army Building, Bridge Street, Newcastle-under-Lyme

Oil painting by Doreen Fletcher showing the blue door to the former Salvation Army building on Bridge Street in Newcastle-under-Lyme. The door was reached by ascending seven stairs. Notice the yellow ...