Theme Explorer

Start Again > Religion & Beliefs > Churchyards & Cemeteries
Page 2 of 19 340 Records Found

All Saints' Church, Milwich

A postcard view of All Saints' Church, Milwich. The first record of a church on this site is dated around 1140. The tower of the present building dates from the late fifteenth century, although the remainder ...

All Saints Church, Moddershall,

All Saints Church, Moddershall, viewed from the North. The original church that was built in 1903/04 (opened for worship in April 1904) was taken down in 1993 and the church rebuilt using the original ...

All Saints Church, Moddershall,

All Saints Church, Moddershall, view from the north west. All Saints Church, Moddershall, viewed from the North. The original church that was built in 1903/04 (opened for worship in April 1904) was taken ...

All Saints' Church, Ranton,

All Saint's Church dates from the thirteenth century. The building was renovated in 1753, when the chancel was built. The east window was probably put in at this time. The bell turret was removed ...

All Saints' Church, Sandon,

All Saints' dates from the Norman period. Inside, in the west window, can be found a fragment of fourteenth century stained glass. The font dates from 1669. In 1851 the north aisle was remodelled to ...

All Saints' Church, Standon,

All Saints was restored by Sir George Gilbert Scott in 1846. The west wall of the nave and north aisle date from the Norman period. The church tower was built in the fourteenth century. Photograph ...

All Saints' Church, Standon, (1)

All Saints was restored by Sir George Gilbert Scott in 1846. The west wall of the nave and north aisle date from the Norman period. The church tower was built in the fourteenth century. Photograph ...

All Saints' Church, Standon, (2)

All Saints was restored by Sir George Gilbert Scott in 1846. The west wall of the nave and north aisle date from the Norman period. The church tower was built in the fourteenth century. Photograph ...

Alton Church

St Peter's Church, Alton viewed from the south west. The church has a Norman north arcade and a 14th century tower. It was largely rebuilt in 1830. The chancel and south chapel were built in 1884-5 by ...

Amington Church, Amington, Tamworth

St. Editha's Church was built in 1864 by G.E. Street and contains a very impressive stained glass window by the Pre-Raphaelite Edward Burne-Jones.

ANZAC Service, Commonwealth War Graves Commission Cemetary, Cannock Chase

Jim Preston, a Durham Light Infantry veteran of North-west Europe, Malaya and Korea places a wreath on behalf of the New Zealand Rifle Brigade at the annual ANZAC Service held at the Commonwealth War ...

Arches in Stoke-on-Trent Churchyard

This view of St. Peter's Church, Stoke-on-Trent is from Church Street. The arches in the foreground are the ruins of a Saxon and a later twelfth century church. The remains of the medieval church were ...

Armistice Sunday Parade, Eccleshall

The parade passing through the lychgate at Holy trinity church, Eccleshall on Armistice Sunday. In the background is the war memorial.

Armitage Church

This image of St. John the Baptist Church, Armitage, is taken from a glass negative and the picture is of the consecration of an extension to the churchyard. With the exception of the tower, which ...

Armitage Church

With the exception of the tower, which dates from 1632, the church was rebuilt in 1844-7 in a Norman style, to the designs of Henry Ward of Stafford. The organ at the church is of particular interest ...

Armitage Churchyard Cross

This view of a Cross in Armitage Churchyard is taken from a glass negative. The Cross is a replica made from Norman fragments. It was given to Armitage Church around 1845-1847 by Josiah Spode at the ...

Armitage Views

This multi-view postcard of Armitage shows scenes of the moorings on the Trent and Mersey canal by the Plum Pudding public house, Lodge Cottage on the Rugeley Road, a flower border by the canal cutting ...

Arnold Bennett's grave in Burslem Cemetery

Burslem Cemetery was consecrated in 1879. It lies between Hanley Road, Leek New Road and the grassed over spoil tip of Sneyd Colliery. The cemetery chapel was demolished in 2008. Arnold Bennett died ...