Theme Explorer

Start Again > Religion & Beliefs > Bells & Bellringing
Page 2 of 2 34 Records Found
12

Hand Bell ringers, Market Place, Uttoxeter

Hand bell ringers in the Market Place, Uttoxeter, Christmas 1961. From left to right: Frank Parker, John Ward, Ken Heath, Tony Smith.

Kidsgrove Parish Church, Bellringers

Photograph of Kidsgrove Parish Church Tower Bellringers in 1917. Photographed are Helen Nixon, Madge Heath, Cissie Jones, Nellie Clarke, Florence Clarke, Ethel Clarke, Alice Briscoll, Nellie Nixon ...

Lowering of All Saints' Church Bells, Milwich,

This bell is the oldest dated bell in Staffordshire and the seventh oldest in the country. The bell was cast by John of Colsale in 1409, and is one of only two medieval English bells in the country to ...

memorial plaque, All Saints' Church, Dilhorne

Wall mounted commemorative plaque to Dilhorne parishioners who gave their lives in World War 1939-1945. It also tells that the existing five church bells were rehung with an additional bell being funded ...

Our Lady of the Assumption R.C. Church, Swynnerton,

This Roman Catholic chapel was built next to Swynnerton Hall in 1869. The architect was Gilbert Blount.

St John's Church, Whitgreave,

St John's Church, Whitgreave, view from the south-west. Built in 1838 at a cost of about £500 on the site of a medieval chapel of ease. £200 of the cost was paid for by William Haddersich of Rickerscote, ...

St John's Church, Whitgreave,

St John's Church, Whitgreave, view from the north. Built in 1838 at a cost of about £500 on the site of a medieval chapel of ease. £200 of the cost was paid for by William Haddersich of Rickerscote, ...

St. Austin's Church, Stafford,

St. Austin's Church was built on the site of an old friary of the Order of St. Austin, on Wolverhampton Road. The first chapel opened in 1791. Its oak stalls came from Lichfield Cathedral and the fifteenth ...

St. Editha's Church Bell, Tamworth

The Tenor and largest of the church bells is shown here, when the bells were removed for recasting. The bell is pictured in St. Editha's church yard with left, the churchwarden Mr Perry, and right, the ...

St. Editha's Church bells, Tamworth

St. Editha's Church bells when they were taken down for recasting. The largest bell that can be seen is the Tenor bell, which sounded the note E flat and weighed 21 hundred weight. The Paregoric shop ...

St. Matthew's Church, Derrington,

The building of St. Matthew's was funded by the Rev. C.S. Royds, rector of Haughton.

St. Michael's Church Bell Ringers, Stone

St. Michael's Church Bell Ringers pictured at their Annual Dinner at the Unicorn Hotel, High Street, Stone. From left to right: Bob Davies (Churchwarden), Rev. Goldstraw (Curate), John Leason, Glenda ...

Striking mechanism for clock, Buckfast Abbey, Devon

Photograph of the striking mechanism for clock made by Gillett and Johnston of Croydon and repaired or maintained by A.J. Thornton, clock and watchmaker of Stone. He started his clock making business ...

The new electrically driven Carillion, Uttoxeter Parish Church

Councillor G. Elliott is here pictured with the new electrically driven Carillion. He was the Honorary Secretary of the fund that raised the necessary £660.

Tixall Church, Stafford

This postcard was published by W. H. S. & S, Stafford. The card was posted during 1917 at Milford to an address in Egypt. Tixall parish church of St. John had a small congregation, as the parish ...

William Cope, Town Crier, Church Street, Uttoxeter

Mr Cope was a wood-turner and carver by profession. He carved the chair that he is seen sitting in (now in the parish chuch), with the help of his son Albert. William was an important local figure, who ...

12