Theme Explorer

Start Again > Business, Trade & Industry > Construction & Demolition
Page 17 of 17 305 Records Found

Trentham Hall, during demolition

A view of demolition in progress at Trentham Hall in May 1912. Behind is St. Mary and All Saints Church which is still standing.

Twigg Street, Brookhouse Green, Stoke-on-Trent

This photograph shows terraced housing at Twigg Street, Brookhouse Green, prior to demolition to make way for the Bentilee housing estate. When built in the 1950s Bentilee was the largest post-war ...

Two Waters Way, Stafford

Looking south west towards Kingston Hill and Tixall Road, the two new bridges pictured form part of a new pedestrian and cycle route over the Rivers Penk and Sow along with an elevated section across ...

Ubberley Road, Bentilee, Stoke-on-Trent

Ubberley Road, with Ubberley Hall visible off to the right in the distance. Ubberley Hall was demolished in 1958. When built in the 1950s Bentilee was the largest post-war housing estate in Europe. ...

Ubberley Road, Bentilee, Stoke-on-Trent

When built in the 1950s Bentilee was the largest post-war housing estate in Europe. It was a self-contained township in its own right and had a Woolworth's store, Boots' Chemists, medical clinic, public ...

Unidentified church, Burton-on-Trent area

This view shows the east end of the church as the building nears completion. On close inspection you can see five workers standing on the scaffolded platforms around the top of the spire.

Uttoxeter By-Pass

A section of the Uttoxeter by-pass was started pre-WWII and was intended to be a dual carriageway. Work was halted due to the War Effort, and re-commenced some time later. Even by the late 1980s there ...

View from Bass Water Tower, Burton-on-Trent

High Street offices and Station Street No.1 and No.2 Breweries are visible. No.2 is in the process of being demolished.

Wild Beasts Cage, St. Anne's new building (2)

The author of this photograph was based in Rugeley, so it is possible that the picture was taken somewhere near to this area.

Wolseley Hall, Colwich

The Wolseley family had lived on the estate since Norman times. In the eighteenth century Wolseley Hall was rebuilt, but burned down in the 1950s. The estate remained derelict until 1990, when the ...

Women on Cannock Chase,

Women collecting firewood on Cannock Chase. Local inhabitants had various common rights on the Chase, one of which was the right to collect sticks for firewood.

Worker, Diocesan Labour Home, Stafford,

The Diocesan Labour Home opened in 1891 on the corner of Austin Friars and Friars Terrace. The site was later occupied by the Police Garage, and in 2003 is a County Council depot. The home kept unemployed ...

Worker, Diocesan Labour Home, Stafford,

The Diocesan Labour Home opened in 1891 on the corner of Austin Friars and Friars Terrace. The site was later occupied by the Police Garage, and in 2003 is a County Council depot. The home kept unemployed ...

Workers near Churchbridge, Cannock

Working party laying drain or sewage pipes at the roadside. William Henry Briggs is standing at the rear with a hammer in his hand.

Workers, Diocesan Labour Home, Stafford,

The Diocesan Labour Home opened in 1891 on the corner of Austin Friars and Friars Terrace. The site was later occupied by the Police Garage, and in 2003 is a County Council depot. The home kept unemployed ...

Workmen at Charles Tompson's painters & decorators, Rugeley

Workmen at Charles Tompson's plumbers, painters and decorators, 28 Market Street. This photograph was taken at rear of premises. Standing far left: Joe Birt (Plumber). 4th from left: Mr Tompson's ...

Workmen at St. Andrew's Church, Clifton Campville

A group of workmen pictured outside St. Andrew's Church, Clifton Campville. This photograph was probably taken at the time of repairs to the church in 1910 under the supervision of W.D. Caroe, architect. ...