Theme Explorer

Page 17 of 17 298 Records Found

W.H. Bigham's Tailors and Outfitters, Stafford,

Bigham's on Gaol Square sold ladies and gentlemen's made-to-measure and 'off the peg' clothing. To the left of Bigham's is Bedson's Army and Navy stores, which later moved to Bridge Street.

Walking Match, Armitage

Pictured is the start of the Armitage Club and Institute Walking Match, an image taken from a glass negative. The Walking Match commenced at the junction of Old Road and New Road. In the background ...

Walking Match, Armitage

Pictured is the start of the Armitage Club and Institute Walking Match, an image taken from a glass negative. The Walking Match commenced at the junction of Old Road and New Road. In the background ...

Walking match, Stafford

Participants in a walking match in Stafford. walking competitions and contexts were very popular at the turn of the 20th century. Photograph donated by Stafford Historical and Civic Society, who ...

Walton, Stone

This is a view of Walton Corner, showing the junction with Stafford Street and Stafford Road, looking towards Walton Cross Roads.

Walton, Stone,

The houses on the left and the bridge still stand today, although a new road bridge runs parallel to the old. In the distance is Elm Terrace.

Wash Pit, Eccleshall,

The Wash Pit, or Sheep Pool, on Church Street was a pond fed by a spring. After a fire at the church in 1868 the need for a water supply became apparent. In 1890 the Wash Pit was cleaned out and deepened ...

Wharf Inn, Shebdon,

Ann Ethel was the licensee of the Wharf Inn.

Woods Family, The Post Office, Walton on the Hill

Samuel Woods, Plumber & Decorator at the rear of the Post Office, Walton on the Hill with his children Bill, Rita and George.

Wootton's Post Office and Shop, Cheslyn Hay

Fred Wootton's Post Office and Shop in Low Street, Cheslyn Hay. Four generations of the same family kept the Post Office for 80 years. The building is unchanged and is currently (2007) occupied by a ...